Toon as a domotica controller?

Everything about rooting Toons 1 and 2.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Toon as a domotica controller?

Post by marcelr »

Not sure what's going on. Can you post the complete <device> tag that holds the <wizardDone> tag?
Marijn
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Marijn »

@marcelr: In attachement you will find the complete file, hopefully you find something.
Attachments
config_happ_scsync.rar
(984 Bytes) Downloaded 480 times
Jan63
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Jan63 »

Hi all,

I only want to disable the 2 hour limit on local access of Toon without hacking. Is that possible by now?
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

I don't think anyone tried to do this.

The limit is set in toon's main application : qt-gui.
To change the number, I think you'll need to patch this binary. Not an easy task, finding a single number in a 2MiB+ file.
Even if this were easy, you'd still need to root your toon to get access to this file. So, nobody really bothers, because once you're in, you can access everything anyway, no need to set the access time limit to a higher number.
Jan63
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Jan63 »

So, there's no other way than hacking it? And that's the procedure that's posted here in toonroot.txt?

I'm very reluctant to do that. Especially the physical part.

Thanks anyway Marcel.
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

The procedure is given here:
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=11235#p79844

Never mind toonroot.txt, that's a bit outdated ;-).
The trick with shorting pins has been superseded with more sophisticated methods quite a while ago.

Good luck, and just ask questions to the forum if you need any help.
Ierlandfan

Post by Ierlandfan »

I don't think anyone tried to do this.

The limit is set in toon's main application : qt-gui.
To change the number, I think you'll need to patch this binary. Not an easy task, finding a single number in a 2MiB+ file.
Even if this were easy, you'd still need to root your toon to get access to this file. So, nobody really bothers, because once you're in, you can access everything anyway, no need to set the access time limit to a higher number.
Yep.

if you root it, modify iptables.conf to allow accces to port 80, and probably edit lighttpd.conf and do a chmod 775 on the /Hcbv2/www dir then it's enabled untill you accidentally update.
(So don't update automatically, ask here)
We can assist you in that, no worries.
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

Hi guys,

I'm new to all this so don't mind my current knowledge level :)

Bought a 2nd hand Toon today, getting my boiler in a few weeks.
Got a lot of Fibaro devices already connected to the Fibaro HC Lite.

Is it possible to connect the Toon to the Fibaro HC Lite as a slave so the Fibaro HC Lite is master/lead?
Got a Raspberry 3b in for homebridge so i guess that i need to move to Domoticz when it isn't possible at all, but i dont like the interface/using of Domoticz so far i've tested and tried out.

Thanks and regards!
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

Untill now, a few things are unclear to me to be honest.

I read the whole topic and got these questions, some more usefull then others tho.
1. replace boot screen( 1 full dot), which file do i need to replace? I want the fancy HACKED boot image :D

2. "/HCBv2/config/config_happ_scsync.xml" i changed the following value's:
<EndDate>4102444799</EndDate>
<BoilerManagement activated="0">1</BoilerManagement>
<HeatDisplay>1</HeatDisplay>
<SolarDisplay>1</SolarDisplay>
<SolarActivated>1</SolarActivated>
<OtherProviderElec>1</OtherProviderElec>
<OtherProviderGas>1</OtherProviderGas>
<SME>1</SME>
<HeatWinner>1</HeatWinner>
<TelmiEnabled>1</TelmiEnabled>
<doSolarWhatsnew>1</doSolarWhatsnew>
Nothing changed as far as i can tell.

3. How do i add the Toon to my Domoticz? Got a clean Domoticz running on my Raspberry Pi 3, created a dummy sensor but got no clue how to continue.

4. How do i run the custom apps? i added them but it wont show up.
- I've added "buienradar" into "/HCBv2/qml/apps"
- edited "/HCBv2/qml/qb/base/Globals.qml" and put " ,"buienradar" " at the end of "var appsToLoad", before the ]
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

TerrorSource wrote: I read the whole topic and got these questions, some more usefull then others tho.
1. replace boot screen( 1 full dot), which file do i need to replace? I want the fancy HACKED boot image :D
The boot screen is located at /dev/mtd2, if you want to replace it, you will have to manually reflash that partition with a new boot screen. I can get you the details if you want to, and the file with the "hacked" all over it.
If you want to change the behaviour of the subsequent steps in the bootsequence and shutdown phase as well, you will need a few more images (and a patched flash gui for the initialization steps, to be complete).

The display sequence is as follows:
Bootloader: splash screen from /dev/mtd2,
kernel booting: same splash screen,

(if you toon is brand new, or after a factory reset: flash_gui displays a separate splash screen, part of the flash gui, which is also easily edited to contain something else)

loading of all the stuff in /etc/inittab: /HCBv2/qml/themes/loadscreen_0.png
starting qt apps: /HCBv2/qml/themes/loadscreen_1.png

And then qt-gui opens the gui and you're up and running.
For my production toon I changed the splash screen in flash to contain three open circles instead of a single closed one. Then you can tell the difference between the bootloader/kernel and the flash gui, in case of factory reset.
TerrorSource wrote: 2. "/HCBv2/config/config_happ_scsync.xml" i changed the following value's:
<SME>1</SME>
Your end date is a bit far off. time in a linux system is a signed integer, indicating seconds from the epoch. Probably the number gets truncated, because the highest number you can put there is 2^31 -1, which is somewhere just above 2,100,000,000.
In my toon it's set to -1, which works fine.

Oh, and set <ProductVariant> to Toon (exactly as typed here: <ProductVariant>Toon</ProductVariant>)
TerrorSource wrote: 3. How do i add the Toon to my Domoticz? Got a clean Domoticz running on my Raspberry Pi 3, created a dummy sensor but got no clue how to continue.
That's for someone else to answer, I don't use Domoticz.
TerrorSource wrote: 4. How do i run the custom apps? i added them but it wont show up.
- edited "/HCBv2/qml/qb/base/Globals.qml" and put " ,"buienradar" " at the end of "var appsToLoad", before the ]
Make sure there are NO typos whatsoever. Linux is case sensitive. I added it just after the "clock" entry, not sure if that makes a difference.
buienradar should be the name of the directory in the apps dir, with everything qml in that subdir.
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

marcelr wrote:
TerrorSource wrote: I read the whole topic and got these questions, some more usefull then others tho.
The boot screen is located at /dev/mtd2, if you want to replace it, you will have to manually reflash that partition with a new boot screen. I can get you the details if you want to, and the file with the "hacked" all over it.
If you want to change the behaviour of the subsequent steps in the bootsequence and shutdown phase as well, you will need a few more images (and a patched flash gui for the initialization steps, to be complete).

The display sequence is as follows:
Bootloader: splash screen from /dev/mtd2,
kernel booting: same splash screen,

(if you toon is brand new, or after a factory reset: flash_gui displays a separate splash screen, part of the flash gui, which is also easily edited to contain something else)

loading of all the stuff in /etc/inittab: /HCBv2/qml/themes/loadscreen_0.png
starting qt apps: /HCBv2/qml/themes/loadscreen_1.png

And then qt-gui opens the gui and you're up and running.
For my production toon I changed the splash screen in flash to contain three open circles instead of a single closed one. Then you can tell the difference between the bootloader/kernel and the flash gui, in case of factory reset.
TerrorSource wrote: 2. "/HCBv2/config/config_happ_scsync.xml" i changed the following value's:
<SME>1</SME>
Your end date is a bit far off. time in a linux system is a signed integer, indicating seconds from the epoch. Probably the number gets truncated, because the highest number you can put there is 2^31 -1, which is somewhere just above 2,100,000,000.
In my toon it's set to -1, which works fine.

Oh, and set <ProductVariant> to Toon (exactly as typed here: <ProductVariant>Toon</ProductVariant>)
TerrorSource wrote: 3. How do i add the Toon to my Domoticz? Got a clean Domoticz running on my Raspberry Pi 3, created a dummy sensor but got no clue how to continue.
That's for someone else to answer, I don't use Domoticz.
TerrorSource wrote: 4. How do i run the custom apps? i added them but it wont show up.
Make sure there are NO typos whatsoever. Linux is case sensitive. I added it just after the "clock" entry, not sure if that makes a difference.
buienradar should be the name of the directory in the apps dir, with everything qml in that subdir.
Thanks for your long reply! I'm starting to understand it now :)

1. Not going to reflash a system partition for just an image you only see when rebooting the Toon, not worth the effort.
If it was just replacing an image just like "/HCBv2/qml/themes/loadscreen_0.png" then i would've done it :)

2. I've now edited the time to 2^31-1, which results in 2147483647

3. Hoping someone can help me out with Domoticz then, saw a few people using the combination of Toon with Domoticz so hopefully they can help me out.

4. i found the problem with my buienradar instance, all files were 0kb in size, re-downloaded the zip and extracted into my Toon via WinSCP and works way better. Got buienradar and a few other apps running now! :D
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

TerrorSource wrote: Hoping someone can help me out with Domoticz then, saw a few people using the combination of Toon with Domoticz so hopefully they can help me out.
Hi, there is a Domoticz plugin for Toon but only working with official Toons with Eneco subscription as far as I know.
In my setup Domoticz is the 'master' and is controlling my lights. On Toon I wrote a simple app to make http calls to Domoticz to retrieve the status of the lights and to switch them on or off via Toon. Likewise you can create devices on Domoticz which generate http calls to Toon to change the temperature setting on Toon and other parameters (see elsewhere on this forum). Haven't done this myself yet as I don't see the need for now. But it will give you the opportunity to control Toon from your mobile with the Domoticz app.. Not sure what you want to achieve...

Regardsz,

Toonz
member of the Toon Software Collective
BrainHunt
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by BrainHunt »

Hi TerrorSource,

For linking the hacked Toon with your Domoticz server, take a look at https://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11421. This allows you to control the temperature and Toon scenes etc. through Domoticz.

Best,

BrainHunt
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

BrainHunt wrote:Hi TerrorSource,

For linking the hacked Toon with your Domoticz server, take a look at https://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11421. This allows you to control the temperature and Toon scenes etc. through Domoticz.

Best,

BrainHunt
Thanks for the heads up, i've already replied to the topic that there's an issue with the LUA scripts.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

BrainHunt wrote:Hi TerrorSource,
BrainHunt
Thanks BrainHunt, works like a charm from my Raspberry. Opens a new world of opportunities ;-)
member of the Toon Software Collective

Return to “Toon Rooting”