ZonOpToon alternative

Forum about Toon hardware, both versions 1 and 2 of Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, TerrorSource, Toonz

Re: ZonOpToon alternative

Postby dennis071nl » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

TheHogNL wrote:First of all. You don't replace the fuse :-) The kWh meter is added in series between the installation wires and the fuse.

Which kWh meter depends on if your solar panels are wired 3-fase or 1-fase to the rest of your fusebox. Doesn't matter if your house is 3-fase or 1-fase connected to the grid.
It is easy to check how it is connected. Is your extra fuse for the solar panels group a 1-fase or 3-fase? 1-fase is ofter 1 or 2 slots big. 3-fase is 4-slots big.

it's a regular 1 slot fuse, but your post made me think... unfortunately there is no open slot in my groepenkast left, so thats gonna be a problem right?? I thought i should remove the existing automaat and replace it with a digital meter??
dennis071nl
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: ZonOpToon alternative

Postby TheHogNL » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:56 pm

You need a free slot indeed. Again, don't replace the fuse (installatieautomaat) as this is protecting the circuit. You need to install the kWh meter extra. If you don't have space for that, you can buy a small cabinet for it to place next to the main cabinet: https://www.groepenkastbestellen.nl/Kun ... .3mod.Ip55

With proper wiring this is possible. You need to have the wires from the fuse going to the new cabinet first, install the kWh meter in that cabinet, and from there towards the solar installation.
Member of the Toon Software Collective
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Toon Hardware