Display image is to the left compared to touchscreen

Forum about Toon hardware, both versions 1 and 2 of Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

vincentnk
Starting Member
Starting Member

Display image is to the left compared to touchscreen

Post by vincentnk »

Hi all! I just joined this forum, read most topics, but I couldn't find one with my issue, so I made an account to post this.

I could use your help with the following problem im having:

I bought a Toon 1 (R6) from marktplaats last week and rooted it succesfully. But when placing the front cover back I accidentally damaged the touchscreen.

This is why I bought a second Toon 1 screen to replace the broken display. I attached the flat cables correctly (they look the same as the old broken screen), but the image on the screen has a ~1cm offset to the right. The touchscreen is completely aligned with the bezels. I now i have to touch each button slightly to the left of its visible place on the screen to make it work, which is really annoying. Also, I cant see the ~1cm on the right edge because this somehow falls of the visible screen (?). Please check this image to see what I mean.

The replacement screen comes from a Toon 1 R10 version (which is why I used the R6 Toon because I think rooting the R10 is more difficult.)

Does anybody have any clue if I can fix this? Maybe the R10 display needs some other driver than the R6 display or something?

Regards, Vincent
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Display image is to the left compared to touchscreen

Post by TheHogNL »

You are better of rooting the second toon1.
A newer toon1 screen doesn't work on older toons. There is a setting in the uboot environment which I guess has to do with this but I never tried to change is.

Just use Toonrooter, a raspberry pi (zero works also) and some jumper cables to root the R10
Member of the Toon Software Collective
vincentnk
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by vincentnk »

Thanks for the quick response!

Yeah I already ordered some jumper cables online so ill root the R10 with my pi, but the delivery is taking some time.
That's why I was hoping somebody here had an easy fix, but ill wait patiently for the jumper cables and then root the R10.
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

vincentnk wrote:Thanks for the quick response!

Yeah I already ordered some jumper cables online so ill root the R10 with my pi, but the delivery is taking some time.
That's why I was hoping somebody here had an easy fix, but ill wait patiently for the jumper cables and then root the R10.
You need to have a Toon1 with same product model to transfer the screen from, other product models are unsuccesfull as i tried multiple options.

Return to “Toon Hardware”