Toon firmware: issues (and solutions)

Forum about the Toon firmware, and its extensions

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, TerrorSource, Toonz

Re: Toon firmware: issues (and solutions)

Postby TheHogNL » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:15 pm

PowerAce wrote:Hi TheHogNL,

I've tried your mod for the NotificationBar.qml file. Unfortunately for my Toon (FW 4.10.6) this is not working. When i reboot Toon it stops somewhere halfway and ends with a 'white' screen. Luckily i was still able to log in using SSH.

I had the mod inserted around line 27 is that correct? It looks by the way that your file is different anyway, when i look at the very last line of your code just after '#end mod'. Yours says something about blockConditions which i don't see in my NotificationBar.qml

Regards


Hmm ok.. I'm at 4.13.7. Probably there is some difference there which I was not expecting. (line 29 at my toon).
The "notifications.removeByTypeSubType" is also used in /qmf/qml/apps/boilerMonitor/BoilerMonitorApp.qml
From your information I would expect that this function is not available in your versions so it should also not be used in that boilermonitorapp. Could you check?
Member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: August 2017

Re: Toon firmware: issues (and solutions)

Postby PowerAce » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:57 pm

Hi TheHogNL,

I searched in BoilerMonitorApp.qml and indeed at line 275 i found this function "notifications.removeByTypeSubType". So i'm curious why it's not working for me. Let's see what Fietspomp finds.
When i rebooted after having your mod enabled and the white screen appeared i waited at least 5 minutes to be sure it wasn't just a temp halt during boot process. After those 5 mins i logged in by SSH and found out by the top command that still 75 MB of memory was free for me an indication that Toon didn't fully finish the boot process.

Greetz
PowerAce
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 18
Joined: August 2017

Re: Toon firmware: issues (and solutions)

Postby Sundown89 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:16 am

TheHogNL wrote:
PowerAce wrote:Hi TheHogNL,

I've tried your mod for the NotificationBar.qml file. Unfortunately for my Toon (FW 4.10.6) this is not working. When i reboot Toon it stops somewhere halfway and ends with a 'white' screen. Luckily i was still able to log in using SSH.

I had the mod inserted around line 27 is that correct? It looks by the way that your file is different anyway, when i look at the very last line of your code just after '#end mod'. Yours says something about blockConditions which i don't see in my NotificationBar.qml

Regards


Hmm ok.. I'm at 4.13.7. Probably there is some difference there which I was not expecting. (line 29 at my toon).
The "notifications.removeByTypeSubType" is also used in /qmf/qml/apps/boilerMonitor/BoilerMonitorApp.qml
From your information I would expect that this function is not available in your versions so it should also not be used in that boilermonitorapp. Could you check?


I had the same issue on 4.13.7, white screen on rebooting. Luckily SSH access was still there like PowerAce mentioned.
Then I inserted the code you mentioned on page 19 to have the message only popup once after a reboot.
Sundown89
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 5
Joined: March 2018

Re: Toon firmware: issues (and solutions)

Postby Fietspomp » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:52 am

I have 2 Toons with the 4.13.7 firmware, and both also give a white screen after reboot.
So for now I just disabled the banner completely :D
Fietspomp
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 22
Joined: January 2018

Re: Toon firmware: issues (and solutions)

Postby TheHogNL » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:53 am

Weird.. i'll remove the code from the post and will figure out why it only works for me then :)
Member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: August 2017

Re: Toon firmware: issues (and solutions)

Postby TheHogNL » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:13 am

duh, i feel so stupid right now..
the comments in the code was wrong. I used # instead of // to make a commented line and did only put it there in the post and not on my own Toon :lol:

So change the # in // and it works.

Code: Select all
        function show(expanded) {
//mod to remove network errors in notification bar
                notifications.removeByTypeSubType("error","network");
//end mod
                if (notifications.count === 0 || blockConditions)
Member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: August 2017

Re: Toon firmware: issues (and solutions)

Postby Fietspomp » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:07 pm

TheHogNL wrote:duh, i feel so stupid right now..
the comments in the code was wrong. I used # instead of // to make a commented line and did only put it there in the post and not on my own Toon :lol:

So change the # in // and it works.

Code: Select all
        function show(expanded) {
//mod to remove network errors in notification bar
                notifications.removeByTypeSubType("error","network");
//end mod
                if (notifications.count === 0 || blockConditions)


Hahaha well I also didn't see that myself... :shock:
Trying right now to see if it works!
Fietspomp
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 22
Joined: January 2018

Re: Toon firmware: issues (and solutions)

Postby PowerAce » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:10 pm

He TheHogNL,

Indeed that's one i could have seen myself too never mind now it works!

Thanks!
PowerAce
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 18
Joined: August 2017

Re: Toon firmware: issues (and solutions)

Postby Sundown89 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:17 pm

That is what we get for plain copy/pasting!
Should have noticed this myself. Thank you TheHog!
Will change tomorrow.
Sundown89
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 5
Joined: March 2018

Re: Toon firmware: issues (and solutions)

Postby TheHogNL » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:53 pm

If you want to test the message is indeed being removed you can try with this:

Code: Select all
/qmf/bin/bxt -d :happ_usermsg -s Notification -n CreateNotification -a text -v "Hello world!" -a type -v error -a subType -v network


compare it with when a info network message is being sent:

Code: Select all
/qmf/bin/bxt -d :happ_usermsg -s Notification -n CreateNotification -a text -v "Hello world!" -a type -v info -a subType -v network
Member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: August 2017

Re: Toon firmware: issues (and solutions)

Postby EJanus » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:39 pm

On a Toon running on firmware 4.10.6 I did an 'opkg remove base-qb2-ene' (don't ask why :? ).

Does anybody know which command in SSH I can use to download/install it again?
EJanus
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 19
Joined: January 2018

Re: Toon firmware: issues (and solutions)

Postby TheHogNL » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:03 pm

EJanus wrote:On a Toon running on firmware 4.10.6 I did an 'opkg remove base-qb2-ene' (don't ask why :? ).

Does anybody know which command in SSH I can use to download/install it again?


Switch on the Eneco VPN on your toon.
Then install the package directly from the source:

Code: Select all
opkg install http://feed.hae.int/feeds/qb2/POOL/base-qb2-ene_4.10.6-1196-0_qb2.ipk
Member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: August 2017

Re: Toon firmware: issues (and solutions)

Postby EJanus » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:05 pm

Thank you! I knew it was something like this, but I couldn't get it right!
EJanus
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 19
Joined: January 2018

Re: Toon firmware: issues (and solutions)

Postby blue-label1989 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:18 pm

Hi Guys,

I hope this is the right place for my question.
I have rooted my 2nd Toon (testmodel) , but i can't use the script: "http://raw.githubusercontent.com/IgorYbema/update-rooted/master/update-rooted.sh" "Version: 3.37 - 24-11-2018"

When i deploy the lines, i get an error from the script:
wget --no-check-certificate http://raw.githubusercontent.com/IgorYb ... -rooted.sh
chmod +x *
./update-rooted.sh

The error code that i get is: Unable to determine your current running version! (but when i lookup into my Toon, i see the version 4.19.10)

Please help!

Roy
blue-label1989
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 6
Joined: December 2018

Re: Toon firmware: issues (and solutions)

Postby TheHogNL » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:41 am

Please run
Code: Select all
opkg list-installed base-qb2-\*
and post the result. The script uses this result to determine the version.
Member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: August 2017

PreviousNext

Return to Toon Firmware

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron