Toon firmware - update script

Forum about the Toon firmware, and its extensions

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Toon firmware - update script

Post by TheHogNL »

Don't understand your question. You just need to update to 5.0.4 as the message is telling you
Member of the Toon Software Collective
BaZnGa
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by BaZnGa »

I have do this script first:

Code: Select all

curl -Nks https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IgorYbema/update-rooted/master/update-rooted.sh -o /root/update-rooted.sh
Then i have do this one:

sh /root/update-rooted.sh
But i got this message:
https://notepad.pw/share/xxfhxtqi1

So what i would like to try is, delete those files witch Toon have been downloaded, and try it again because i will get this error:

===================================================================================================================================================================
Welcome to the rooted Toon upgrade script. This script will try to upgrade your Toon using your original connection with Eneco. It will start the VPN if necessary.
Please be advised that running this script is at your own risk!

Version: 3.62  - TheHogNL & TerrorSource & yjb - 18-2-2019

If you like the update script for rooted toons you can support me. Any donation is welcome and helps me developing the script even more.
https://paypal.me/pools/c/8bU3eQp1Jt

===================================================================================================================================================================

Your Toon already tried downloading version 5.0.4 before. Need to force this version!
iptables: Chain already exists.
Tunnel is alive and configured.
Warning: upgrade script from Eneco server is changed. Do you want to continue downloading the files (if not sure, type no and report in the forums)?
yes
Upgrade script downloaded. We need to download the upgrade files first. No upgrade is done yet. Do you want me to download the files (yes) or quit (anything else)?
yes
Starting the upgrade prepare option which downloads all necessary files. No upgrade is done yet.
Killing process... took to long!s takes a minute or two    .

Prepare failed. Please check the logs at /mnt/data/update/upgrade-qb2.sh.log
Quitting the upgrade. It was a nice try tho...
WickedMaster

Post by WickedMaster »

Post the output of /mnt/data/update/upgrade-qb2.sh.log
BaZnGa
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by BaZnGa »

WickedMaster wrote:Post the output of /mnt/data/update/upgrade-qb2.sh.log
How can i download it? Because its a file with 4440 rules.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Updates are broken current. Eneco/Quby script is having some bugs...
BaZnGa
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by BaZnGa »

TheHogNL wrote:Updates are broken current. Eneco/Quby script is having some bugs...
Thanks for the update!

I will try it in a couple more days again.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

I have currently disabled all updates in the newest script update (script version 3.63). When everything is working again I'll create a new version.
WickedMaster

Post by WickedMaster »

I just updated from 4.22.7 through the official way of updating (Toon software update). Seems like it's working sometimes.

Edit: The Toon has been crashed while doing the official update. Will have a look at it tomorrow.
Markie13
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Markie13 »

Hi all,

I have a question about the update script. I have aborted yesterday the update script by entering quit. The script has already downloaded the new 5.0.4. Today I wanna proceed but now the script crash after the message that 5.0.4 is already downloaded with a lot of vertical Y.

My question is; where does the script store downloads so I can remove firmware 5.0.4 to start over again.

Thanks
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

Markie13 wrote:Hi all,

I have a question about the update script. I have aborted yesterday the update script by entering quit. The script has already downloaded the new 5.0.4. Today I wanna proceed but now the script crash after the message that 5.0.4 is already downloaded with a lot of vertical Y.

My question is; where does the script store downloads so I can remove firmware 5.0.4 to start over again.

Thanks
as mentioned a few times in this topic and on the forum. these 2 locationed are the update files located
\HCBv2\tmp\opkg-cache\ - before 4.x.x
\mnt\data\update\ - after 4.x.x
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Markie13 wrote:Hi all,

Thanks
Can you post that 'vertical Y' logs? Don't understand where that is coming from.

Removing the download files doesn't help. As soon as the Toon has started a version download the OPKG package information is stored and can not simply be removed. It should not be a problem to start 5.0.4 so I'm curious why this isn't working in your Toon now. The message "Your Toon already tried downloading version 5.0.4 before. Need to force this version!" is a new feature which I added last week. If this is causing issue's I need to check why.
Markie13
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Markie13 »

TheHogNL wrote: Can you post that 'vertical Y' logs? Don't understand where that is coming from.

Removing the download files doesn't help. As soon as the Toon has started a version download the OPKG package information is stored and can not simply be removed. It should not be a problem to start 5.0.4 so I'm curious why this isn't working in your Toon now. The message "Your Toon already tried downloading version 5.0.4 before. Need to force this version!" is a new feature which I added last week. If this is causing issue's I need to check why.
Hi TheHogNL,

After many attempts I finally upgraded my Toon 1 to 5.0.4. Thanks for the script.
You asked for a Y log. Can I still apply this after the upgrade?
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

No it is ok now. :-)
Markie13
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Markie13 »

TheHogNL wrote:No it is ok now. :-)
Thanks to you all for your hard work/effort on Toon 1 and Toon 2.
stijnpeeters
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by stijnpeeters »

I think i made the mistake of updating from 3.9 to 5.0.2 in 1 step.
script stopped somehow and toon is not booting.
Is there a way to "unbrick" it?

Return to “Toon Firmware”