Toon firmware - update script

Forum about the Toon firmware, and its extensions

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

mAiden

Re: Toon firmware - update script

Post by mAiden »

First of all run update-rooted with -f option.
Then reboot Toon.
When Toon boots up, look at the menu.
Member of the Toon Software Collective
Lucien
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Lucien »

TerrorSource wrote:
Lucien wrote:I'm new here, so sorry for stupid questions or actions....

I bought and rooted my Toon using an RPi with martenjacobs/ToonRooter and ToonSoftwareCollective/update-rooted. Thanks for all the work to help us out.

Unfortunately I selected the latest firmware 5.25.8. The Toon is functioning fine and SSH works fine. But I do not see the Toonstore?! I tried using updating the Toonstore by using https://cyberjunky.nl/updating-rooted-toon-5-9-6/. No luck.
Shouldn't I have installed 5.25.8 and is there a way back? Or should I do some additional stuff to get this up and running?

Hope you guys can help me.
first of all, you should get your information here on this forum and not some website which isn't supported by the TSC-team :)

Did you upgrade the Toon to the latest firmware 5.25.8 and did you run the fix at the end of the script?
you can run the fixes manually by using the -f parameter: sh update-rooted.sh -f
Thanks for this quick response.
Sorry for using the TSC Script :roll: Indeed I did use the -f parameter.
Which update script should I use instead of the TSC version? And is it possible with this script to 'downgrade' to a lower version?
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

TSC-scripts are good, we created them. But we cannot support 3th party websites like the one from cyberjunkie you posted in your previous post.

If you used the -f parameter and rebooter afterwards you should have the ToonStore installed and everything should be up and running correctly.

Downgrading to a previous version is not something we would recommend. Technically it possible but something we advise people not to downgrade.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

If you still miss toonstore please run:

Code: Select all

opkg remove toonstore
rm -rf /qmf/qml/apps/toonstore*
sh /root/update-rooted.sh -f
killall -9 qt-gui
Lucien
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Lucien »

TheHogNL wrote:If you still miss toonstore please run:

Code: Select all

opkg remove toonstore
rm -rf /qmf/qml/apps/toonstore*
sh /root/update-rooted.sh -f
killall -9 qt-gui
Super thank you TheHogNL, this did 'the trick'
Screamhouse
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Screamhouse »

When trying to run the update WINSCP I get to see the message to which version I want to update to (I have 4.9.23), but before I can enter anything, I get a popup that the host is not reacting anymore.
All I can do is reconnect and the same happens again. I am doing surely something wrong, but can someone guide me?
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Screamhouse wrote:When trying to run the update WINSCP I get to see the message to which version I want to update to (I have 4.9.23), but before I can enter anything, I get a popup that the host is not reacting anymore.
All I can do is reconnect and the same happens again. I am doing surely something wrong, but can someone guide me?
WINSCP ? What are you trying to do with winscp and update?
Screamhouse
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Screamhouse »

I use WINSCP to get root access to my Toon.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Screamhouse wrote:I use WINSCP to get root access to my Toon.
Winscp is to transfer file to and from your Toon. You need an SSH client like Putty to login to the Toon.
Screamhouse
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Screamhouse »

thx, that helped :oops: . It is running now
HansS
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by HansS »

Hey guys,
I saw this interesting thing about QT websockets yesterday ;) So I ran update-rooted.sh -o to enable vpn, did opkg update to get latest packages, and installed the QT web sockets package. Then I went to the TSC menu to reboot. I checked for update instead, and there was one, so I updated. After reboot my Toon2 said something like "From now on your Toon will be updated automatically". Is that something from you guys? If so, can I disable it?
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

HansS wrote:Hey guys,
I saw this interesting thing about QT websockets yesterday ;) So I ran update-rooted.sh -o to enable vpn, did opkg update to get latest packages, and installed the QT web sockets package. Then I went to the TSC menu to reboot. I checked for update instead, and there was one, so I updated. After reboot my Toon2 said something like "From now on your Toon will be updated automatically". Is that something from you guys? If so, can I disable it?
No that is a default message from Eneco for subscription Toons. We disabled that ofcourse :)
HansS
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by HansS »

I'm not sure what to make of this now. I have rooted Toon2 and no subscription. You disabled the message, so I should not see it either? Or did I mess something up with my vpn/update actions?
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

HansS wrote:I'm not sure what to make of this now. I have rooted Toon2 and no subscription. You disabled the message, so I should not see it either? Or did I mess something up with my vpn/update actions?
What TheHogNL means is that the official updates are blocked. Not that the message is disabled.
No worries, should be alright! :D
HansS
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by HansS »

Ah, super, thanks guys. Now I can try and get some sort of web socket communication up. Cheers!

Return to “Toon Firmware”