Forum about the Toon firmware, and its extensions

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Toon firmware - update script

Post by Toonz »

Great response time TheHogNL :D
I just succesfully upgraded a Toon 1 and a Toon 2 via the TSC menu to version 4.22.7. Great job.
I just noticed I needed to disable unused standard features again via the TSC menu after upgrading the firmware
member of the Toon Software Collective
mAiden

Post by mAiden »

TheHogNL wrote:And it is ready. Go on and also try the new firmware update feature from the TSC check update menu item :)
Nice one. Will try the TSC update check :-)
Member of the Toon Software Collective
hdok
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by hdok »

I might have missed something but I just installed the resource file for my version (4.18.8). Did I understand correctly that TCS check update should make it possible to update the toon to a higher version too?
I am so glad I rooted my toon and it is amazing to see the great things that people are doing. Thank you all

EDIT 18:20: I needed to disable the firewall first, after that I did new check and I updated my toon to the latest version automatically, awesome!
Last edited by hdok on Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Toonz wrote: I just noticed I needed to disable unused standard features again via the TSC menu after upgrading the firmware
Correct. These features are disabled using the TenantSettings.json file (a native file on the toon) which got updated in 4.22.7 so all native features got enabled again.
madpatrick

Post by madpatrick »

Ipdate to 4.22.7 went smootly.
Thanks !!
lievenco
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by lievenco »

Is it possible to update my Boxx (Toon) with software version 1.0.9.
I tried the update script but, I ran in to some errors...
mogwai
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mogwai »

Tried to update via the new TSC update option but failed. Apparently something changed on the eneco update script...

Code: Select all

Unattended selected version 4.22.7
Alright, I will try to upgrade to 4.22.7
Now starting the VPN tunnel and waiting for it to be alive and configured...
Now starting the VPN tunnel and waiting for it to be alive and configured...
Tunnel is alive and configured.
Warning: upgrade script from source server is changed. Do you want to continue downloading the files (if not sure, type no and report in the forums)?
Quitting the upgrade. It was a nice try tho...
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Thanks. Eneco changed their upgrade script again. Just checked and nothing wrong with it. I updated the update-rooted.sh script to allow this now.
Rudolf

Post by Rudolf »

Just ran the script from the shell to update from 4.19.10 to 4.20.7 (I'm not ready for the latest greatest...)
It finished without errors, and asks me to check the contents of /etc/password, but I'm unsure if its contents are OK.

root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/sh
It does still accept my current password, and I have pubkey-authentication configured.
iptables.conf looks good to, as far as I can tell.

It would be nice if the script (or this topic) had clear instructions on what to check for.
And/or how to fix things I they appear broken.
(by running 'passwd' for example?)

Edit: Everyting is fine!
Last edited by Rudolf on Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mogwai
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mogwai »

TheHogNL wrote:Thanks. Eneco changed their upgrade script again. Just checked and nothing wrong with it. I updated the update-rooted.sh script to allow this now.
Thanks. Problem solved, update via TSC succesfull :)
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Rudolf wrote:Just ran the script from the shell to update from 4.19.10 to 4.20.7 (I'm not ready for the latest greatest...)
It finished without errors, and asks me to check the contents of /etc/password, but I'm unsure if its contents are OK.

root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/sh
It does still accept my current password, and I have pubkey-authentication configured.
iptables.conf looks good to, as far as I can tell.

It would be nice if the script (or this topic) had clear instructions on what to check for.
And/or how to fix things I they appear broken.
(by running 'passwd' for example?)

Edit: Everyting is fine!
Please remind that 4.20.7 is never official launched by Eneco. Only some fieldtester had this firmware. Better go for 4.22.7

On a Toon2 you should check /etc/shadow. But I guess that message from the script is now a bit on the safe side. The GUI update which is now available runs the script in (-u) unattended mode which runs fine. I have already seen it working on a couple of toon1 and toon2's. So maybe I need to tweak down the level of warnings in the script.
yjb

Post by yjb »

Updated my toon2 to 4.22.7 without any issues as well.

I also noticed the message about /etyc/passwd which should have been shadow. Might be an idea to update the message depending on the platform we're running on.

Also, maybe it's easier when the script just grep's the root line out of passwd/shadow and/or compare it with the previous version.

Also, if you are really concerned about the root password it might be an idea to enable an ssh key based login from a trusted host; in the unlikely event that your password gets changed, the certificate will be, hopefully, still in place,
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

yjb wrote:Updated my toon2 to 4.22.7 without any issues as well.

I also noticed the message about /etyc/passwd which should have been shadow. Might be an idea to update the message depending on the platform we're running on.

Also, maybe it's easier when the script just grep's the root line out of passwd/shadow and/or compare it with the previous version.

Also, if you are really concerned about the root password it might be an idea to enable an ssh key based login from a trusted host; in the unlikely event that your password gets changed, the certificate will be, hopefully, still in place,
To me all those extra warnings can be removed. I just put them in in the first version to make sure to check this but it is really not necessary. The new TSC menu has a recover password button also anyways.
michel30

Post by michel30 »

Hello,

Thanks again for the nice update script.
I just update my toon 1 to software version 4.22.7 with the TSC update script all okay now problem at all.

I have only one small question I also searching in this forum but could not find it.

In the passed, one year ago I added the new energie price in Globals.qml /qmf/qml/qb/base/Globals.qml but now I see only Globals.qml.back properly I did that before I edit that file.
Now my question where can I enter the new price for next year? So Toon will show this?
Rudolf

Post by Rudolf »

TheHogNL wrote:
Rudolf wrote:Just ran the script from the shell to update from 4.19.10 to 4.20.7 (I'm not ready for the latest greatest...)
Please remind that 4.20.7 is never official launched by Eneco. Only some fieldtester had this firmware. Better go for 4.22.7
Thanks; just upgraded to 4.22.7 using the TSC Menu in the GUI. It's too easy. :D

One minor thing: After a reboot it shows a notificatin saying there's a firmware update available; when I click on it, it takes me to the 'Meetmodules' screen.
(The Meteradapter is not yet operational, it has been paired, but the sensors are still connected to another adapter from Toon1)

The same happens when I click the 'Download new firmware' button in the notification bar. :o

Return to “Toon Firmware”