Eneco Warmtewinner combined with Toon

If you don't know where to post, post here.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

FunFair
Starting Member
Starting Member

Eneco Warmtewinner combined with Toon

Post by FunFair »

A few months ago Eneco started to sell it's 'Warmtewinner'. An air-to-air heatpump that replaces your traditional mechanical ventilation unit in your house and re-uses the heat in the air that you normally dispose.
According to the site Toon is mandatory to use the Warmtewinner. This made me doubt if their information was correct, as the product is a relabeled Ecolution.
So I've sent them an email if a Toon subscribtion is needed as stated on the site.

They responded that an active Toon subscribtion is not necessary, but you will lose functions that show insight of the unit.
So it is possible, but Toon can't do anything anymore.

I didn't tell them I've got a rooted Toon ofcourse. But seeing as you can enable the Solar and History functions by just altering a file. I was wondering if this was also possible with the Warmtewinner.
Does anybody know?

And does anybody have experience with the Warmtewinner in combination with a rooted Toon yet?

When I look at this thread I see a picture of the menu. Doesn't seem there is much to control from the Toon unit.
https://forum.eneco.nl/duurzaam-leven-w ... ring-16768
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Eneco Warmtewinner combined with Toon

Post by TerrorSource »

My guess is that it’s also controlled via the scsync.xml file:
<HeatWinner>0</HeatWinner>
"0" or "1"

Not sure though but “HeatWinner” = WarmteWinner
Also not sure if there are more options or settings needed to make it work.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

To my understading the Toon will see the warmtewinner when it is connecting (using opentherm) to it and then will add the correct options automatically.
But no warmtewinner with rooted toon experience here in the forum yet as far as i know
Member of the Toon Software Collective
FunFair
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by FunFair »

it was indeed the HeatWinner setting. It adds a button to the applist. Ofcourse I get no information :D

Maybe next year, when people have some results of the efficiency of the Warmtewinner I will have one installed.

Return to “Toon miscellaneous”