Toon App Idea: Temporary Temperature

If you don't know where to post, post here.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

Rudolf

Toon App Idea: Temporary Temperature

Post by Rudolf »

A feature that my Remeha iSense has and Toon lacks is the ability to temporarily increase or decrease the current setpoint.
I.e. when you're leaving the house for several hours with the iSense you could lower the temperature for a certain period/until a given time.

With Toon you can change its mode when you leave, but it will still be in that mode when you return (unless a schedulechange (or 2?) happened in this period)
So this doesn't quite cut it.

Ofcourse the smart kids can control Toon with an app or from some domotica-app with geofencing.
But the first requires manual input on time and the latter works unreliably for me.

So I thought that an app could solve this.

A small clock-icon in the systray that will open a dialog with a setpoint and an end time. Or maybe a long press on the 'mode'-button?
And Toon will temporarily use the custom setpoint and will return to it's schedule after the end time has expired.
Preferably Toon must be close to the target temperature when the period is over by starting to heat slightly earlier.

Anyone else with a similar use case? How do you work around it? Would anyone use an app like this? Is it doable to make something like this (do some basic maths with current temperature/target temperature and max *C per hour-setting?

I might give it a go myself, but I'd like some input of possible end users and the app developers around here.
I'd appreciate your input.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Toon App Idea: Temporary Temperature

Post by Toonz »

Certainly doable.....ideally as a thermostat mod I think
member of the Toon Software Collective
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Toon App Idea: Temporary Temperature

Post by TheHogNL »

Like a 'party' mode (set comfort mode to overrule the current program when you are giving a party way out of normal times).

I could think of multiples times pushing the same 'mode' setting which will in turn:
- first click change to this mode until next program scheduled change (as it works now)
- second click change to this mode for one hour
- third click change to this mode for two hours
- fourth click change to this mode for three hours
- etc
Member of the Toon Software Collective

Return to “Toon miscellaneous”