Toon app: Home Assistant controller

Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, TerrorSource, Toonz

Re: Toon app: Home Assistant controller

Postby Luc_S » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:10 pm

kurniawan77 wrote:Hi,

I can't seem to connect to HA with ssl. Updated to the latest HA and have set "intermediate" too.
Only thing i get is: Settings not saved, got response "".
I tried it both ways with internal ip and port 8123 and with my ha.myurl.nl with port 443 but no go. I am able to get response from rest api...
Any help from here? I am willing to assist

Regards

Have you added the needed root certificate to your Toon library? domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=99& ... =15#p86715
Luc_S
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby kurniawan77 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:17 pm

I was actually wondering were to get that crt file from. Is there anyone who could point me where to find it?
kurniawan77
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby Stephan296 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:59 am

Is it just an error in my system or is the interaction with the Toon device very slow?
When i click on a for example a light switch after 4 seconds the lights go off and the change of state at my Toon device is changing after another or 4 a 5 seconds.
Stephan296
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby Luc_S » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:30 pm

kurniawan77 wrote:I was actually wondering were to get that crt file from. Is there anyone who could point me where to find it?

Most of the time you can see the certificate-tree when clicking the padlock in your address bar of the browser. Retrieving the file depends on which system/browser you use. On macOS you may find the certificate in your keychain. I think it's best to google this, there should be some how-to's available.

Stephan296 wrote:Is it just an error in my system or is the interaction with the Toon device very slow?
When i click on a for example a light switch after 4 seconds the lights go off and the change of state at my Toon device is changing after another or 4 a 5 seconds.

I have some delay too, but only about 1-2 seconds. 4-5 Seconds is rather slow indeed. If it does work I don't think it would be an error somewhere. Maybe try some network tweaking, like check your wifi strength, port forwards and see if your DNS servers are fast enough.
Luc_S
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby Toonz » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:28 pm

hi all,

version 1.0.3 is available on ToonStore.
Changelog:
- firmware 5 compatibility of the installer, no new functionality

Kind regardz,

Toonz
member of the Toon Software Collective
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Hmmbob » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:57 am

I can't seem to get this app working on my Toon v1. Or actually, to show up after installing... I've added it via the Toon store, the device rebooted but I can't select any new tile nor is anything visible in de statusbar.

Anyone having a clue what's going on here?

My Toon is at 5.0.4, the ha app should be the most recent one, 1.0.3.

Edit; I've been able to fix it by uninstalling, then removing any remaining folders, and reinstalling. However, the response time of the app is way beyond the Wife Acceptance Factor, so I ended up enabling Emulated Hue in Home Assistant and using that on Toon. That works fine.
Hmmbob
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby Luc_S » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:21 am

I have updated some code to improve command feedback and overall responsitivity. It feels a bit quicker now. I'm not sure about where it stands in regards to the WAF but let me know :wink:

Instead of waiting for the app to update once the new state has been successfully retrieved after sending a command it now shows the new state right away. If for some reason Home Assistant couldn't execute the command, the Toon GUI will be updated again upon receiving the state after a retrieval (this is the part that took 1 or 2 seconds in previous versions).

I've updated GitHub for people that want to check it out. Let me know if it works or if you find some error(s) that need fixing :D

If it looks good maybe a new version can be put on the ToonStore 8)
Luc_S
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby Toonz » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:35 pm

I can put it inToonStore for you, but I cannot test it as I am not using Home Assistant myself.
Will do next week.
member of the Toon Software Collective
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Luc_S » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:25 pm

Toonz wrote:I can put it inToonStore for you, but I cannot test it as I am not using Home Assistant myself.
Will do next week.

I haven't received any feedback yet on these changes but if that's not required for releasing a new version on the ToonStore it would be great :D Thank you!
Luc_S
Starting Member
Starting Member

Toon app: Home Assistant controller

Postby rbak » Sat May 18, 2019 11:36 am

I recently installed home assistant and downloaded this app from the toon store. Unfortunately I am unable to login to my Home Assistant as I do not know which default user it tries to login with. In the setup page it only asks for the password.
rbak
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby Hussar_303 » Sun May 26, 2019 5:42 pm

I've ran into the same issue as rbak... I've been running it on a Raspberry Pi so far, but I'm lost with the Android app.
Hussar_303
Starting Member
Starting Member

Previous

Return to Toon Apps