Toon app: Afvalwijzer

Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TerrorSource, Toonz, TheHogNL

Re: Toon app: Afvalwijzer

Postby speedyconnalis » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:48 pm

Toonz wrote:
speedyconnalis wrote:Referring to the icons in standby mode above the temperature indication. I don't use a separate tile for Afvalwijzer because I want Toon to remind me without having to touch the screen.

hmmm, which firmware are you using? Which version of the afvalwijzer app? What is the Toon system time (enter the command date in the console window)?

Software version; 5.22.14

Afvalkalender version; 4.36 (it says in Toon Store there's an update available to 4.38 which I will now update but not sure why this wasn't done already since this is supposed to happen automatically every night)

Toon system time; sorry, I don't know how to open a command prompt window on the Toon to execute command 'date' if I indeed understand you correctly? Can you give a bit more guidance?

Regards, Tom
speedyconnalis
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby Toonz » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:22 pm

you can to the command prompt via sshíng into Toon or use WinSCP.
I suspect the system time of your Toon to be in another timezone.

You can test this as well by changing the icon dispayhour of the app to for instance 10 and then look when the icon shows up during the day
member of the Toon Software Collective
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby speedyconnalis » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:11 pm

Toonz wrote:you can to the command prompt via sshíng into Toon or use WinSCP.
I suspect the system time of your Toon to be in another timezone.

You can test this as well by changing the icon dispayhour of the app to for instance 10 and then look when the icon shows up during the day

Hi, I have Macbook only here so for SFTP transfer I use Filezilla. From what I read online about Filezilla is that it doesn't support command prompt so not sure if I'll be able to check the system timezone. However, for weeks all was fine and I didn't make any other changes. Also today is pick-up day for paper so since yesterday I tried different inputs in the app for displayhour as you suggested to see if at a certain moment the icon appears. Unfortunately it didn't. Even worse, not only yesterday it didn't show, also today on the actual pick-up day it doesn't show. So I would be tempted to say there's another issue going on but no clue which one. Any further thoughts? :D
speedyconnalis
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby marcelr » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:21 pm

MacOSX has a terminal on board, and an ssh client (it's BSD with an apple coating on top of it). You can use those to access your toon.
But in general the timezone on a toon is correct. If your toon's clock displays the right time (including DST, as of this weekend again), there's nothing wrong with its time settings.
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Toonz » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:47 pm

Interesting, either the app itself isn't working or the thermostat mod is not correctly working.
Let us first check if the app itself is creating the correct info.
On the day you expect an icon, can you check the contents of this file:
/var/volatile/tmp/wasteDateIcon.txt

it should contain the reference to the image to be displayed.
If it is empty then the thermostat panel will also not show the icon.

Secondly, while you are there, can you check the contents of the file:
/var/volatile/tmp/wasteDates.txt

this file should contain a list of waste collection dates in the following format:
YYYY-MM-DD-X

Where X is identifying the waste type.
member of the Toon Software Collective
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby speedyconnalis » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:34 pm

Toonz wrote:Interesting, either the app itself isn't working or the thermostat mod is not correctly working.
Let us first check if the app itself is creating the correct info.
On the day you expect an icon, can you check the contents of this file:
/var/volatile/tmp/wasteDateIcon.txt

it should contain the reference to the image to be displayed.
If it is empty then the thermostat panel will also not show the icon.

Secondly, while you are there, can you check the contents of the file:
/var/volatile/tmp/wasteDates.txt

this file should contain a list of waste collection dates in the following format:
YYYY-MM-DD-X

Where X is identifying the waste type.

Hi, last Monday was the first moment an icon was expected....and it was there! Honestly no clue why. Only changes made was updating the app to the last version (although the change log didn't mention any fix regarding icons not showing) and I changed the app time from '17' to '1'. I'll keep checking the behavior but for now I assume all is working properly again. Thanks for the support!
speedyconnalis
Starting Member
Starting Member

Previous

Return to Toon Apps