Toon app: Buienradar

Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, Toonz, TheHogNL, TerrorSource

Re: Toon app: Buienradar

Postby Toonz » Tue May 26, 2020 7:12 am

I rather prefer to find some other weather service which can give actual temperature per location. Question is:will these be better than Buienradar as no other weather service has weather stations in every city.
member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1487
Joined: December 2016

Re: Toon app: Buienradar

Postby Templar » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:05 pm

Toonz wrote:Question is:will these be better than Buienradar as no other weather service has weather stations in every city.


Buienradar uses the KNMI network as far as I know. And is part of a larger network (The World Meteorological Organization (WMO)). I guess all those weather apps uses data from this network.
Last edited by Templar on Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Templar
Member
Member
 
Posts: 159
Joined: March 2011
Location: Netherlands

Re: Toon app: Buienradar adjust color Raintile

Postby Joskep » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:34 am

An question about the RainTile in dimmode:

If i would like to adjust the color of the 'rain-graphic' (if rain is expected), which part in the QML i have to adjust?
Normally i see an colocode in hex, but i don't see anay hex color now related to that graphic.
(Now its purple and i would like to test it in another colors).

Thanks
Joskep
Member
Member
 
Posts: 64
Joined: March 2019

Re: Toon app: Buienradar

Postby newwolf » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:11 am

Hey,

Is it also possible to add horizontal lines every 2mm?
So you can see from a distance if a large peak is just 4mm of Rain or 12mm.

Thanks,
Jos
newwolf
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 39
Joined: August 2012

Re: Toon app: Buienradar

Postby Templar » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:41 am

Templar wrote:
Toonz wrote:Question is:will these be better than Buienradar as no other weather service has weather stations in every city.


Buienradar uses the KNMI network as far as I know. And is part of a larger network (The World Meteorological Organization (WMO)). I guess all those weather apps uses data from this network.


The city of Rotterdam has a project going on having a rainradar installed on the Delftse Poort building (Rotterdam regenradar). It is way more accurate than the KNMI C-band radar but it has a limited range. They're testing and tweaking the system, but an app will be released for AppStore (iOs) and the Playstore (Android). I don't know if they'll release an API.
Last edited by Templar on Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Templar
Member
Member
 
Posts: 159
Joined: March 2011
Location: Netherlands

Re: Toon app: Buienradar

Postby Toonz » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:42 am

Hi all,

version 8.5.6 is available in the ToonStore.
Changelog:
- the rain prediction graph was showing in purple in dim state instead of grey

Kind regards,

Toonz
member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1487
Joined: December 2016

Re: Toon app: Buienradar adjust color Raintile

Postby Toonz » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:43 am

Joskep wrote:An question about the RainTile in dimmode:

If i would like to adjust the color of the 'rain-graphic' (if rain is expected), which part in the QML i have to adjust?
Normally i see an colocode in hex, but i don't see anay hex color now related to that graphic.
(Now its purple and i would like to test it in another colors).

Thanks

Sure, you can change the color in line 72 in /qmf/qml/apps/buienradar/BuienradarRegenTile.qml
member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1487
Joined: December 2016

Re: Toon app: Buienradar

Postby Toonz » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:44 am

newwolf wrote:Hey,

Is it also possible to add horizontal lines every 2mm?
So you can see from a distance if a large peak is just 4mm of Rain or 12mm.

Thanks,
Jos


Good suggestion, will look into it
member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1487
Joined: December 2016

Re: Toon app: Buienradar

Postby Toonz » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:47 am

Templar wrote:The city of Rotterdam has a project going on having a rainradar installed on the Delftse Poort building Rotterdam regenradar. It is way more accurate than the KNMI C-band radar but it has a limited range. They're testing and tweaking the system, but an app will be released for AppStore (iOs) and the Playstore (Android). I don't know if they'll release an API.

Probably better to make a new app for this as it only applies to one city. I would like to keep the buienradar app generic for the whole country.
But interesting development......
member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1487
Joined: December 2016

Re: Toon app: Buienradar

Postby Templar » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:12 pm

Toonz wrote:
Templar wrote:The city of Rotterdam has a project going on having a rainradar installed on the Delftse Poort building Rotterdam regenradar. It is way more accurate than the KNMI C-band radar but it has a limited range. They're testing and tweaking the system, but an app will be released for AppStore (iOs) and the Playstore (Android). I don't know if they'll release an API.

Probably better to make a new app for this as it only applies to one city. I would like to keep the buienradar app generic for the whole country.
But interesting development......


I forgot to attach the hyperlink of the Rotterdam Regenradar website, I edited the original post. But here is a picture of the range and accuracy, as you can see its range encompasses the Rijnmond area. The KNMI images have a resolution of 1x1 km, the Rotterdan regenradar of 100x100 m.

Image
Templar
Member
Member
 
Posts: 159
Joined: March 2011
Location: Netherlands

Re: Toon app: Buienradar

Postby Joskep » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:03 pm

Thanks Toon,
But i only see: dimmable.colors AND colors.graphTileRect

I was expecting an Hex value likke XOFOFOF etc..
Joskep
Member
Member
 
Posts: 64
Joined: March 2019

Re: Toon app: Buienradar

Postby hvxl » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:55 pm

See chapter 6.1 and Appendix A of DevelopingToonApps.pdf
Schelte
hvxl
Senior Member
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1303
Joined: June 2010

Re: Toon app: Buienradar

Postby Joskep » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:28 pm

Thanks! Learning each day! I will take time for it!
Joskep
Member
Member
 
Posts: 64
Joined: March 2019

Re: Toon app: Buienradar

Postby ericT » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:41 pm

Toonz wrote:version 8.5.6 is available in the ToonStore.
Changelog:
- the rain prediction graph was showing in purple in dim state instead of grey


In dim state the left axis is still purple.
I do prefer the purple graph in normal state instead of dark gray...

Regards, Eric
ericT
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 12
Joined: June 2017

Re: Toon app: Buienradar

Postby RomMon » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:40 pm

I have not updated my Toon (4.10.6) or the Buienradar app (8.3.3) in a very very long time.
And now discovered that Buienradar stopped updating on 21-Jul-2020 at 13:00.

Is this expected?
RomMon
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 41
Joined: August 2016

PreviousNext

Return to Toon Apps

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest