Toon app: ToonBot

Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, Toonz, TheHogNL, TerrorSource

Re: Toon app: ToonBot

Postby Edgar » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:31 pm

I have just installed and activated ToonBot. After a difficulty to type the token into the Toon (one character wrong and it doesn't work), it's better to use SSH indeed and copy the token into the toon. Super thanks for this. Now it's easy to change the thermostat temperature from distance. I only ask myself if any stranger can change my temperatures at home as they guess my bot name?

Maybe an idea for future enhancements: some info about the electricity usage and about the collected kWh of the solar panels.
Thanks again.
Edgar
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby glsf91 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:41 pm

Edgar wrote:I only ask myself if any stranger can change my temperatures at home as they guess my bot name?

I don't know for sure. I looked at this a long time ago. I'am not very familiar using with telegram.
Take a look at the first part of this sarafian.github.io/low-code/2020/03/24/ ... atbot.html (Disable joining groups).
I don't know if this is enough.
Maybe you can test it with another user.

edit:
I looked into this and security improvements can be made. I'am working on it right now.
glsf91

Postby glsf91 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:09 pm

I have made v.1.2.0 with added security. See start post.
Is released in Toonstore.
glsf91

Postby Edgar » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:36 pm

The security option works well. Great enhancement and thanks. Any idea if the electricity usage and production could be showed by this bot? I also thought about to send a message to switch on a Fibaro plug or this kind of plugs. For example to switch on the dishwasher at the moment the weather is sunny :)
Edgar
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby glsf91 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:33 pm

Edgar wrote:The security option works well. Great enhancement and thanks. Any idea if the electricity usage and production could be showed by this bot? I also thought about to send a message to switch on a Fibaro plug or this kind of plugs. For example to switch on the dishwasher at the moment the weather is sunny :)

Of course I can show electricity usage.

I could make a few configurable custom commands where you can configure a url which is carried out for example. I don't have a fibaro plug so I don't know the commands to switch on/off.
Do you have a working example of an url which can be used to switch on and off the plug?

But at the moment I'am busy with some other stuff. So I will take a look later on this subjects.
glsf91

Previous

Return to Toon Apps