Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

speedyconnalis
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Toon app: Afvalwijzer

Post by speedyconnalis »

Toonz wrote:
speedyconnalis wrote:Referring to the icons in standby mode above the temperature indication. I don't use a separate tile for Afvalwijzer because I want Toon to remind me without having to touch the screen.
hmmm, which firmware are you using? Which version of the afvalwijzer app? What is the Toon system time (enter the command date in the console window)?
Software version; 5.22.14

Afvalkalender version; 4.36 (it says in Toon Store there's an update available to 4.38 which I will now update but not sure why this wasn't done already since this is supposed to happen automatically every night)

Toon system time; sorry, I don't know how to open a command prompt window on the Toon to execute command 'date' if I indeed understand you correctly? Can you give a bit more guidance?

Regards, Tom
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

you can to the command prompt via sshíng into Toon or use WinSCP.
I suspect the system time of your Toon to be in another timezone.

You can test this as well by changing the icon dispayhour of the app to for instance 10 and then look when the icon shows up during the day
member of the Toon Software Collective
speedyconnalis
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by speedyconnalis »

Toonz wrote:you can to the command prompt via sshíng into Toon or use WinSCP.
I suspect the system time of your Toon to be in another timezone.

You can test this as well by changing the icon dispayhour of the app to for instance 10 and then look when the icon shows up during the day
Hi, I have Macbook only here so for SFTP transfer I use Filezilla. From what I read online about Filezilla is that it doesn't support command prompt so not sure if I'll be able to check the system timezone. However, for weeks all was fine and I didn't make any other changes. Also today is pick-up day for paper so since yesterday I tried different inputs in the app for displayhour as you suggested to see if at a certain moment the icon appears. Unfortunately it didn't. Even worse, not only yesterday it didn't show, also today on the actual pick-up day it doesn't show. So I would be tempted to say there's another issue going on but no clue which one. Any further thoughts? :D
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

MacOSX has a terminal on board, and an ssh client (it's BSD with an apple coating on top of it). You can use those to access your toon.
But in general the timezone on a toon is correct. If your toon's clock displays the right time (including DST, as of this weekend again), there's nothing wrong with its time settings.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Interesting, either the app itself isn't working or the thermostat mod is not correctly working.
Let us first check if the app itself is creating the correct info.
On the day you expect an icon, can you check the contents of this file:
/var/volatile/tmp/wasteDateIcon.txt

it should contain the reference to the image to be displayed.
If it is empty then the thermostat panel will also not show the icon.

Secondly, while you are there, can you check the contents of the file:
/var/volatile/tmp/wasteDates.txt

this file should contain a list of waste collection dates in the following format:
YYYY-MM-DD-X

Where X is identifying the waste type.
speedyconnalis
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by speedyconnalis »

Toonz wrote:Interesting, either the app itself isn't working or the thermostat mod is not correctly working.
Let us first check if the app itself is creating the correct info.
On the day you expect an icon, can you check the contents of this file:
/var/volatile/tmp/wasteDateIcon.txt

it should contain the reference to the image to be displayed.
If it is empty then the thermostat panel will also not show the icon.

Secondly, while you are there, can you check the contents of the file:
/var/volatile/tmp/wasteDates.txt

this file should contain a list of waste collection dates in the following format:
YYYY-MM-DD-X

Where X is identifying the waste type.
Hi, last Monday was the first moment an icon was expected....and it was there! Honestly no clue why. Only changes made was updating the app to the last version (although the change log didn't mention any fix regarding icons not showing) and I changed the app time from '17' to '1'. I'll keep checking the behavior but for now I assume all is working properly again. Thanks for the support!
yustmenl
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by yustmenl »

since some time the icon is not showing on the time i set on the day before garbage collecting.
Any idea what that could be and what i can do about this?
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

you can try the workaround above. But I am curious what your system time is. Can you give the command date in the console window of Toon? Is it showing the correct time in our time zone?
yustmenl
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by yustmenl »

When isseuing the command om 8:06 dutch time it says "Fri Apr 3 07:06:24 BST 2020"

the work around i wil check later.
yustmenl
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by yustmenl »

What exactly is the workaround you are refering to?
Peebee01
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Peebee01 »

For me the app is no longer working either.
Would it be possible to download and install an older version of the Afvalwijzer app from 2019 onto the Toon without using the app store?
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Peebee01 wrote:For me the app is no longer working either.
Would it be possible to download and install an older version of the Afvalwijzer app from 2019 onto the Toon without using the app store?
sure, older versions are located here: http://files.domoticaforum.eu/index.php?cam=/Toon/apps
Newer versions are available on github. Not sure whether the older versions work on firmware 5 by the way if you install these manually but feel free to try.
What isn't working anymore by the way? Waste providers regularly change their websites.....
jschoorl
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jschoorl »

Probably a stupid question but could not find the answer. Have a rooted Toon2. Waste provider circules- berkel. Dowloaded the ics file on their site.

How do I copy it to the Toon using filezilla. Have the ip,username and password. But what is the port to use. 21 seems not to work.

According to the info on the afval tile there is info in the manual section of this forum but could not find it.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

jschoorl wrote:Probably a stupid question but could not find the answer. Have a rooted Toon2. Waste provider circules- berkel. Dowloaded the ics file on their site.

How do I copy it to the Toon using filezilla. Have the ip,username and password. But what is the port to use. 21 seems not to work.

According to the info on the afval tile there is info in the manual section of this forum but could not find it.
you should use the SCP protocol on port 22
jschoorl
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jschoorl »

Gelukt, tnx

Return to “Toon Apps”