Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Toon app: Afvalwijzer

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

I did find an error why the extra dates where not shown, for waste provider 1 (mijnafvalwijzer) I simply forgot to add these to the list.
I also made some code improvements in the handling of the extra files which should make these more resilient against errors for other providers as well.

Version 4.4 will hit the ToonStore soon, other changes:
- added waste provider 27 (Venlo.nl), add your zipcode and housenr in the config screen
- added more waste descriptions for specific cities using mijnafvalwijzer.nl

Kind regardz,

Toonz
member of the Toon Software Collective
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

version 4.4 is available in the ToonStore.
After updating go to the settings screen and press 'Opslaan' to refresh your data immediately if required.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
Rudolf

Post by Rudolf »

Updated right away via ToonStore; pointed to the valid file in the settings, added a fake birthday (today and tomorrow).
Both show up, todays with an icon on the dimscreen. So far so good.

For today I get an kliko-icon with a red arrow in the topright-corner. That's a bit odd for birthdays (or any custom date, for that matter).

Somehow my provider lists an empty entry for 24-08 (together with the proper entry for GFT that day). It's also shown when no extraDates are shown.
I checked the json and it's for 'reinigencontainers'.

Here's a snippet from the json-request:

Code: Select all

{"nameType":"gft","type":"gft","date":"2018-08-24"},{"nameType":"reinigen containers","type":"reinigencontainers","date":"2018-08-24"},{"nameType":"pmd","type":"plastic","date":"2018-08-30"},{"nameType":"restafval","type":"restafval","date":"2018-08-31"},
I tried adding another type for Mijnafvalwijzer, but it's the tenth, so I was unsuccesful.

Thanks for making our Toon more useful.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Rudolf wrote:I tried adding another type for Mijnafvalwijzer, but it's the tenth, so I was unsuccesful.
Question is do you want to track 'reiniging container' or not?
If yes I also need a new icon for that, if not, I can filter it out in next release so it will not show up on screen.
Rudolf

Post by Rudolf »

It's useful information, discarding it would be a waste (pun intended).

For my zipcode cleaning is always on the same day as the pickup. And I guess that's always the case to make sure the containers are empty. :lol:
So a combined icon would make sense; just a small (water)droplet on the container will do.
https://www.google.com/search?q=water+d ... refox-b-ab

But I get that you have to code some logic to manually combine the two entries on the same date, so if the cleaning is shown on the overview 'calendar' with no icon whatsoever I'm already a happy camper.
I'm unsure if mijnafvalwijzer produces the right output, because cleaning is listed every other two weeks, but they clean it every two weeks. :roll:
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Rudolf wrote:I'm unsure if mijnafvalwijzer produces the right output, because cleaning is listed every other two weeks, but they clean it every two weeks. :roll:
Sounds correct to me, cleaning every 14 days?
mogwai
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mogwai »

Hi. Just started using this app, but ran into a strange problem. The information for my adress is available from deafvalapp.nl so I selected waste provider 2 and my postal code + house number.

If I look on the deafvalapp.nl website this correctly shows that on the next pickup date there will be "rest", "GFT" and "PMD". But the Toon app shows only "rest" and 2 times "PMD" and no mention of "GFT". Any hints on how to get this fixed?
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

mogwai wrote:Hi. Just started using this app, but ran into a strange problem. The information for my adress is available from deafvalapp.nl so I selected waste provider 2 and my postal code + house number.

If I look on the deafvalapp.nl website this correctly shows that on the next pickup date there will be "rest", "GFT" and "PMD". But the Toon app shows only "rest" and 2 times "PMD" and no mention of "GFT". Any hints on how to get this fixed?
I currently only support 2 waste types icons on a single day. But nonetheless the descriptions should be correct.
Can you PM me your zipcode /house nr so I can have a look?
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

mogwai wrote:If I look on the deafvalapp.nl website this correctly shows that on the next pickup date there will be "rest", "GFT" and "PMD". But the Toon app shows only "rest" and 2 times "PMD" and no mention of "GFT". Any hints on how to get this fixed?
Hi, I looked into your case and it is caused by the fact that your city is using different waste descriptions then other cities using this waste provider.
It is a very easy fix in the code, I will see if I can get an updated version in the ToonStore today....
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

I just published version 4.5 on ToonStore.
Changelog:
- added new waste category for deafvalapp.nl (the mogwai case) and improved coding for this provider
- added 'reinigen containers' for mijnafvalwijzer.nl (Rudolf case)
(experimental for the time being, no icon shown, just listed in the overview
icon support will come later, also need to change the firmware resource files for this (thermostat mod))

No need to update for other users to be honest :-).

Kind regardz,

Toonz
mogwai
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mogwai »

Toonz wrote:Hi all,

I just published version 4.5 on ToonStore.
Changelog:
- added new waste category for deafvalapp.nl (the mogwai case) and improved coding for this provider
- added 'reinigen containers' for mijnafvalwijzer.nl (Rudolf case)
(experimental for the time being, no icon shown, just listed in the overview
icon support will come later, also need to change the firmware resource files for this (thermostat mod))

No need to update for other users to be honest :-).

Kind regardz,

Toonz
Installed the new version from toonstore --> problem solved. THANKS!
Rudolf

Post by Rudolf »

Nice, much appreciated.
madpatrick

Post by madpatrick »

Hi,

The app is giving strange behauviour on the new Toon 2

But the recyclebin above the temparature looks pretty nice :D
Saves a tyle for other app :D
The icons are my custom icons......and also the text "afvalkalender"in dim state

Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

That's really, really weird....I haven't seen this anywhere else.
This is the code for the text 'Afvalkalender' which should only be visible if not in Dimstate.

Text {
		id: tiletitle
		text: "Afvalkalender"
		anchors {
			baseline: parent.top
			baselineOffset: isNxt ? 30 : 24
			horizontalCenter: parent.horizontalCenter
		}
		font {
			family: qfont.bold.name
			pixelSize: isNxt ? 25 : 20
		}
		color: colors.waTileTextColor
		visible: !dimState
	}
I probably have to fall back to the standard 'Brandje' approach: can you do a full reboot of the Toon and see if that resolves the issue?
It could be something memory related. Just guessing to be honest.
By the way: the whole idea of the thermostat mod was to free up a tile on the homescreen for another app.
Most people have the waste collection tile on the second homescreen, but anyway, the behaviour shown is not correct.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
madpatrick

Post by madpatrick »

Toonz wrote:That's really, really weird....I haven't seen this anywhere else.
This is the code for the text 'Afvalkalender' which should only be visible if not in Dimstate.

Text {
		id: tiletitle
		text: "Afvalkalender"
		anchors {
			baseline: parent.top
			baselineOffset: isNxt ? 30 : 24
			horizontalCenter: parent.horizontalCenter
		}
		font {
			family: qfont.bold.name
			pixelSize: isNxt ? 25 : 20
		}
		color: colors.waTileTextColor
		visible: !dimState
	}
I probably have to fall back to the standard 'Brandje' approach: can you do a full reboot of the Toon and see if that resolves the issue?
It could be something memory related. Just guessing to be honest.
By the way: the whole idea of the thermostat mod was to free up a tile on the homescreen for another app.
Most people have the waste collection tile on the second homescreen, but anyway, the behaviour shown is not correct.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
The adjustment with the text "Afvalkalender" in Dimstate was as mentioned my own customizing.

On my Toon1 i have never seen a icon on the thermostat mod. Therefor i'm having the app on the 1st page.
Hard reset did not change anything.
The onlything is that i need to reload the list, because the screen is empty after every restart

But if i understand correctly, the wastebin above the room temperature is normal ?

Return to “Toon Apps”