Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Toon app: Afvalwijzer

Post by Toonz »

Mrodriguez wrote:
I did follow these steps but does not seem to work. I get a blank window and nothing else.

Any other ideas?
Thanks!
Can you post the file /mnt/data/tsc/wastecollection.userSettings.json file?
member of the Toon Software Collective
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

A brand new version 5.1 will be available in the ToonStore shortly.
The application is heavily restructured, the old app had 2500 lines of code supporting all waste providers, while you only use one.
The new version downloads only the required javascript file for each individual provider.
This is also automatically done during the update of the app via the ToonStore.
Only when you change the provider manually in the config screen you will notice that the app will reboot after downloading the script for the new provider.
The config screen will only show the required input fields for the selected provider and hide all the others.

The old version 4.70 will not be maintained anymore, so I'm asking all users to update to this new app version.
Of course you are free to stay with the old version for now if you prefer.

I also implemented a version control mechanism for the individual scripts per provider.
The app will check once a day if there is a new version available for your provider and will change the background color of the tile to red if that is the case.
If you notice the red background color of the tile, go to the settings screen of the app which then will trigger the download and a restart of the gui to activate the updated script.

Other than this internal change, no new functionality has been added.
Provider prezero.nl has been added (provider "3").

The new setup of the app has the following benefits:
- Adding a new waste company or updating the script of a current one can now be done without the need for a new release of the app in the ToonStore.
The list with available providers will be refreshed from github daily or when you open the settings screen.
It is easier for me to add new providers of fix specific provider issues as we do not need a new version of the app anymore.
- 70% less javascript code in the app compared to version 4.x, which has a smaller memory footprint (especially relevant on the old Toons)

I also took the opportunity to cleanup the list with supported providers.
The following provider id's are no longer supported:
- suez.nl (old provider "13") has been bought by prezero.nl (choose provider "3")
- afvalstoffendienstkalender.nl (old provider "22") is now using mijnafvalwijzer.nl (choose provider "1")
- rd4Info.nl (old provider "28") is now using the new rd4info.nl (choose provider "17")
- mijnafvalwijzer.nl (old provider "31") is now using the new mijnafvalwijzer.nl (choose provider "1")

The full list of supported providers is listed in the attachment (also includes the required data input fields per provider and guidance when manual copy of config data is needed).

Thanks to Oepi-Loepi for some plugin code inspiration ;-)

Kind regardz,

Toonz
Attachments
Afvalverwerkers.zip
(1.19 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
EchoNL
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by EchoNL »

rova.nl (old provider "14") is now using mijnafvalwijzer.nl (choose provider "1")
Sadly the afvalwijzer app doesn't work anymore on my Toon 2. My address is unknown on the site https://mijnafvalwijzer.nl
Looks like Steenwijkerland is not added to this site, tried different addresses to test it.
Only site that works for me is https://inzamelkalender.rova.nl/
Is it possible to add ROVA as a separate waste collector?

Keep up the good work!

EchoNL
Attachments
Afval
Afval
Afval.jpg (40.85 KiB) Viewed 4424 times
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

I will have a look what can be done for zipcode 8333
Stay tuned
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

EchoNL wrote: Is it possible to add ROVA as a separate waste collector?

EchoNL
Hi,

I just added rova.nl again, goto the settings screen and select provider 14 (rova.nl) and enter your zipcode/housenr.
I tested it succesfully with a random postcode/housenr combo in Steenwijk.
(P.S. Assuming you have the latest version of the app 5.1. If not, update first via the ToonStore.
P.P.S. you should be able to select '14', if you get the error message 'onbekende afvalverwerker' please restart the gui via the TSC menu to fix that and let me know here)

Kind regardz,

Toonz
Bruce the boss

Post by Bruce the boss »

I updated the app but I can't add a "tegel" from the afvalwijzer. How should I do that?
What to do with the zip file?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Bruce the boss wrote:I updated the app but I can't add a "tegel" from the afvalwijzer. How should I do that?

Hi Bruce,

I suspect that the wasteprovider javascript download failed somehow. Do you have the file /qmf/qml/apps/wastecollection/wastecollectionProvider.js? And does it look allright?
What is your "Afvalverwerker" in /mnt/data/tsc/wastecollection.userSettings.json?

If you remove the app via the ToonStore and install it again afterwards via the ToonStore you should be able to add the tile (and check the config).
You can also check the file /var/log/tsc for error messages during the installation.

Let me know what you find.
If the above doesn't work I'm happy to look remotely what's happening via Teamviewer. This should not happen and I would like to know what's going on :-).

Kind regardz,

Toonz
EchoNL
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by EchoNL »

P.P.S. should should be able to select '14', if you get the error message 'onbekende afvalverwerker' please restart the gui via the TSC menu to fix that and let me know here)
Selected waste provider nr. 14 and the Toon automatically restarted after 10 seconds. The Afvalwijzer is working fine again. Thank you for the quickfix! :D :D

Keep up the good work!

EchoNL
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

EchoNL wrote:
P.P.S. should should be able to select '14', if you get the error message 'onbekende afvalverwerker' please restart the gui via the TSC menu to fix that and let me know here)
Selected waste provider nr. 14 and the Toon automatically restarted after 10 seconds. The Afvalwijzer is working fine again. Thank you for the quickfix! :D :D

Keep up the good work!

EchoNL
Thanks for the feedback :-)
That's why I created this new version, adding new providers or doing maintenance on specific providers can be done very fast without the need to update the app itself.
Bruce the boss

Post by Bruce the boss »

Toonz wrote:
Bruce the boss wrote:I updated the app but I can't add a "tegel" from the afvalwijzer. How should I do that?

Hi Bruce,

I suspect that the wasteprovider javascript download failed somehow. Do you have the file /qmf/qml/apps/wastecollection/wastecollectionProvider.js? And does it look allright?
What is your "Afvalverwerker" in /mnt/data/tsc/wastecollection.userSettings.json?

If you remove the app via the ToonStore and install it again afterwards via the ToonStore you should be able to add the tile (and check the config).
You can also check the file /var/log/tsc for error messages during the installation.

Let me know what you find.
If the above doesn't work I'm happy to look remotely what's happening via Teamviewer. This should not happen and I would like to know what's going on :-).

Kind regardz,

Toonz
I do have the file wastecollectionProvider but how could I upload it to this post?
I'm also not able to open the file ....
mvdbr4nd
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mvdbr4nd »

Hi FYI;

I noticed that as of the last update the wastecollectionProvider.js is formatted in Windows line endings which causes issues obviously. I converted the file to Unix style lineendings manually.
Ray
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Ray »

Same problem here. Tile was gone after the update. Nothing detected of afval app anywhere :(
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

mvdbr4nd and Ray,

which afvalverwerker are you using?
P.S. This evening I will have a Teamviewer session with Bruce to look into it.
Ray
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Ray »

Pre zero or 13 it was.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

inmiddels is duidelijk wat het probleem is.
Het probleem treed op als een niet meer bestaande provider wordt geselekteerd: bijvoorbeeld 13,22, 28 of 31.
Tijdens de installatie wordt geprobeerd het script voor die niet meer bestaande provider te downloaden.
In plaats van dat er niets gebeurd komt er nu "404 - not found" in de javascript file te staan. Daardoor start de app niet meer op.
We gaan dit onder de motorkap uiteraard aanpassen, ik zal hier laten weten wanneer dat is gebeurd.

In de tussentijd kan je het ook handmatig zelf oplossen door in de settings file /mnt/data/tsc/wastecollection.userSettings.json de afvalverwerker te wijzigen in een bestaande waarde (zie de volledige lijst een paar posts terug).
Een aantal denk ik vaker voorkomende gevallen:
"13" (suez.nl) moet worden "3" (prezero.nl)
"22" (afvalstoffendienstkalender.nl) moet worden "1" (mijnafvalwijzer.nl)
"28" (rd4Info.nl) moet worden "17" (nieuwe rd4info.nl)
"31" (mijnafvalwijzer.nl oud) moet worden "1" (nieuwe mijnafvalwijzer.nl)

Als je deze wijziging hebt opgeslagen kan je de app verwijderen via de toonstore en later opnieuw toevoegen.
Dan zal het juiste script worden opgehaald en werkt de app weer (voor de zekerheid kan je nog naar het instellingen scherm gaan om te checken of alle parameters goed staan ingevuld)

(Met dank aan "Bruce de boss" voor de teamviewer sessie :-) )

Toonz

Return to “Toon Apps”