Toon app: Buienradar

Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Toon app: Buienradar

Post by marcelr »

Thanks for the notification. It's a shortcoming of the toonstore, which doesn't handle package dependencies very well.

For now, you can work around this problem by installing cron manually:
Get it here:

download/file.php?id=3220

Unzip, upload to toon, and install by issueing opkg install cron_3.0pl1-r8_qb2.ipk

Then, reinstall buienradar through the toonstore (remove it first).
MortuuS
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by MortuuS »

mennom wrote:I know i am new to this rooted Toon, but i tried to update / remove / reinstall it but it would not install trought the store. removed is fine. al other apps i can uninstall and reinstall. Is this only with me?
I had the same issue. When I tried to install the ipk manually, it gave an error the dependency ‘cron’ was missing.
So I installed that first, after that I could install Buienradar 8.2.1 through store again.

However after this I have another problem, that might be related.
When I open the app nothing seems to be loading even the weather station selection screen remains empty.
After some digging I found that the .sh files are installed to /root instead of /root/bin which the crontab file refers to.
So I moved the 2 sh files to /root/bin. I tried to fire them manually and that seems to work fine. All expected files are downloaded (xml, gifs etc).
Except they are not not updated further by cron. Downloaded data in folder now is still from 3am.
I even tried copying crontab to /etc instead of /root where it is installed by the ipk.

Any tips? :?:
Thanks!
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

MortuuS wrote: When I open the app nothing seems to be loading even the weather station selection screen remains empty.
After some digging I found that the .sh files are installed to /root instead of /root/bin which the crontab file refers to.
So I moved the 2 sh files to /root/bin. I tried to fire them manually and that seems to work fine. All expected files are downloaded (xml, gifs etc).
Except they are not not updated further by cron. Downloaded data in folder now is still from 3am.
I even tried copying crontab to /etc instead of /root where it is installed by the ipk.

Any tips? :?:
Thanks!
This issue has been fixed. Please try and reinstall buienradar through the toonstore (remove it first).
Henk-JanS
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Henk-JanS »

That seems indeed to work - the error I received in /mnt/data/update/_opkg.qb2-ene-9.9.99.script.sh.log lists cron as not meeting the version dependency:

Code: Select all

Collected errors:
 * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for buienradar:
 *      cron (>= 3.0pl1-r8) *
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package buienradar.
Downloaded the new cron version as suggested, uploaded with winscp to Toon, installed with 'opkg instal ... etc'. The buienradar dir is now showing in /qmf/qml/apps. Adding new tile in Toon gui - success!!

Thanks a lot team! :)
ams123

Post by ams123 »

not get the app working after remove buienradar and reinstall still say it can uodate to 8.2.1 now it show somting but no temp and picture
Toon solarpannels
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

ams123 wrote:not get the app working after remove buienradar and reinstall still say it can uodate to 8.2.1 now it show somting but no temp and picture
1. have you installed cron manually as described a few posts above?
2. after installing cron remove buienradar through toonstore and reinstall again. That should do it.
member of the Toon Software Collective
michel30

Post by michel30 »

Manual installation works perfect.

It would not install because it has a problem with the crontab.
On my Toon crontab was installed but for some how buienradar did not like it so just install crontab manual and after that buienradar is installing normal.

@Toonz I think if you put crontab installation package in the toonstore and the users must first install that after that they could install buienradar successful.

My buienradar is working back, thanks for that.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all, the ToonStore was supposed to install cron, however this functionality has a bug. Buienradar is now the first app in the ToonStore with a dependency. Expect a ToonStore update as well at some point to fix this for future installations
ams123

Post by ams123 »

Toonz wrote:
ams123 wrote:not get the app working after remove buienradar and reinstall still say it can uodate to 8.2.1 now it show somting but no temp and picture
1. have you installed cron manually as described a few posts above?
2. after installing cron remove buienradar through toonstore and reinstall again. That should do it.
its say alreadt exist si this is it cant remove buienradar can press install but all seems stay the same the tile show Utrecht no numbers with the temp no pictures
Toon solarpannels
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

ams123 wrote: its say alreadt exist si this is it cant remove buienradar can press install but all seems stay the same the tile show Utrecht no numbers with the temp no pictures
Michel30 had a similar issues with cron already existing but apparently not 100% compatible.
So try this:
1. remove cron: opkg remove cron
2. install our cron version: opkg install cron_3.0pl1-r8_qb2.ipk
3. remove buienradar via ToonStore
4. install buienradar via ToonStore
michel30

Post by michel30 »

Hello,

I see a small issue, if you check the Buienradar radar you see it stays in a loop.

I install the app this afternoon arround 1 o clock and the buienradar stays in 1 o clock loop it does not show this evening.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

michel30 wrote:Hello,

I see a small issue, if you check the Buienradar radar you see it stays in a loop.

I install the app this afternoon arround 1 o clock and the buienradar stays in 1 o clock loop it does not show this evening.

Are the cron jobs running? Are the images in /root/buienradar updated?
MortuuS
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by MortuuS »

Toonz wrote:
Are the cron jobs running? Are the images in /root/buienradar updated?
I also still have the issue of buienradar not updated through cron. Even after the steps you suggested earlier.
After the reinstall of buienradar, the map root/buienradar is filled once with all the necessary files. After that no further updates.

Also when you first open the app any other way than using the tile. The small radar image is not loaded. Since 'app.radarimagesSmallurl' is only defined on click of the tile. ;)
Any ideas?
Tnx!
michel30

Post by michel30 »

Hello,

I install now manual with ssh

I see in the install log:
Installing crontab ...
grep: /var/cron/tabs/root: No such file or directory

So I create the map root in /var/cron/tabs

But when I do crontab -e I don't see anything in the file

/tmp/crontab.13908 0/0 100%

I don't know if I check the right directory.
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

I install now manual with ssh

I see in the install log:
Installing crontab ...
grep: /var/cron/tabs/root: No such file or directory

So I create the map root in /var/cron/tabs
/var/cron/tabs/root is supposed to be a file, not a directory.
So, when you create a directory there, the OS can never put a crontab file with the same name there.
Then your cron will not work.
Thanks for the tip. though, this needs sorting in the next release.

Return to “Toon Apps”