Toon app: Buienradar

Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, TerrorSource, Toonz

Re: Toon app: Buienradar

Postby Toonz » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:21 pm

Hi all,

having a productive evening I guess.
The new buienradar app (version 8.3.3) is available on the ToonStore.
Changelog 8.3.3:
- permissions on root folder should not be touched anymore (was used in the past for the https workaround). Please test for those impacted and let me know whether it is ok now.
- clicking on the rain prediction tile now opens the big radarimage screen
- clicking on the small buienradar image in the weather details screen also brings you to the big radarscreen.
- your exact location can be set now by clicking on 'Locatie' on the big radarimage screen
This will exactly position the yellow markers and set the location for the rain tile.
- added the 'Motregenradar' option to the big radarscreen
- your config settings (weather station and exact location) are now properly moved to the new version's folder
and the old buienradar version's folder is properly deleted

Kind regardz,

Toonz
member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1254
Joined: December 2016

Re: Toon app: Buienradar

Postby hvxl » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:38 pm

Toonz wrote:permissions on root folder should not be touched anymore (was used in the past for the https workaround). Please test for those impacted and let me know whether it is ok now.

Works. Thanks!
Schelte
hvxl
Senior Member
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1223
Joined: June 2010

Re: Toon app: Buienradar

Postby Hypermobile » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:50 pm

Minor issue:

when changing from Regenradar to Motregenradar

Aspect ratio of the map changes.
Motregenradar is a little less high.
Hypermobile
Member
Member
 
Posts: 59
Joined: January 2018

Re: Toon app: Buienradar

Postby glsf91 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:11 pm

Thanks. Looking great!
glsf91
Member
Member
 
Posts: 89
Joined: September 2017

Re: Toon app: Buienradar

Postby ronalddehaan » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:36 pm

Hi Toonz,

Just a quick question, I don't know if it's been asked before or not, but is it normal that the Buienradar app is 'updated' every day?
I am getting 'update' messages in my inbox on a daily bases (at 01.00) that the app has been updated. The version, however, only changes ever so often.
Please let me know :)
ronalddehaan
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 29
Joined: August 2017

Re: Toon app: Buienradar

Postby Toonz » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:39 pm

ronalddehaan wrote:Hi Toonz,

Just a quick question, I don't know if it's been asked before or not, but is it normal that the Buienradar app is 'updated' every day?
I am getting 'update' messages in my inbox on a daily bases (at 01.00) that the app has been updated. The version, however, only changes ever so often.
Please let me know :)

No it's not. Probably a bug in the ToonStore. I recommend disabling the auto-update function for now in the ToonStore settings.
Will have a look at it.
member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1254
Joined: December 2016

Re: Toon app: Buienradar

Postby ronalddehaan » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:37 pm

Toonz wrote:
ronalddehaan wrote:Hi Toonz,

Just a quick question, I don't know if it's been asked before or not, but is it normal that the Buienradar app is 'updated' every day?
I am getting 'update' messages in my inbox on a daily bases (at 01.00) that the app has been updated. The version, however, only changes ever so often.
Please let me know :)

No it's not. Probably a bug in the ToonStore. I recommend disabling the auto-update function for now in the ToonStore settings.
Will have a look at it.


Will do, thanks!
ronalddehaan
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 29
Joined: August 2017

Re: Toon app: Buienradar

Postby hayman » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:57 am

hello,
im on ver 3.2.18 and can't update to the new one,

is there any way to get buienradar_8.3.3 working,,?
thanks
hayman
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 34
Joined: February 2016

Re: Toon app: Buienradar

Postby Toonz » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:38 pm

hayman wrote:hello,
im on ver 3.2.18 and can't update to the new one,

is there any way to get buienradar_8.3.3 working,,?
thanks


I can't test on a firmware that old :-( (My 'oldest' Toon is at 3.7.9).
Does the app install correctly?
If yes, is it working but just doesn't show data?
In that case it could be that https is not supported on that firmware.
Your only option then is to use 8.2.1 with the cron/curl jobs to retrieve the data outside the Toon gui.

In case the app is not running properly (no tile on Toon), can you share the part of the console output where the buienradar app is starting....It most likely gives you an error there.
Those can be fixed most likely.

Kind regards,

Toonz
member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1254
Joined: December 2016

Re: Toon app: Buienradar

Postby marcelr » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:27 pm

Will give it a try. My production toon is still 3.2.18 :-) (If it ain't broke, don't fix it).
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 1080
Joined: May 2012
Location: Ehv

Re: Toon app: Buienradar

Postby TheHogNL » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:30 pm

marcelr wrote:Will give it a try. My production toon is still 3.2.18 :-) (If it ain't broke, don't fix it).

So it's time to update now. It is broken :lol:
Member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1314
Joined: August 2017

Re: Toon app: Buienradar

Postby hayman » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:22 pm

Toonz wrote:
hayman wrote:hello,
im on ver 3.2.18 and can't update to the new one,

is there any way to get buienradar_8.3.3 working,,?
thanks


I can't test on a firmware that old :-( (My 'oldest' Toon is at 3.7.9).
Does the app install correctly?
If yes, is it working but just doesn't show data?
In that case it could be that https is not supported on that firmware.
Your only option then is to use 8.2.1 with the cron/curl jobs to retrieve the data outside the Toon gui.

In case the app is not running properly (no tile on Toon), can you share the part of the console output where the buienradar app is starting....It most likely gives you an error there.
Those can be fixed most likely.

Kind regards,

Toonz




the new app doesn't install ,but the old one it install will,and work ...



so there is no way to update the toon .?
hayman
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 34
Joined: February 2016

Re: Toon app: Buienradar

Postby TheHogNL » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:40 pm

I just sent you in a privmsg the normal method.
In short, you first need to enable openvpn again and most of the time the 'update' button will apear right after you check the 'software' screen in Toon.

And remember that enabling openvpn and updating a Toon will overwrite a few files which will probably unroot your Toon a bit (which is easily fixed afterwards, but better to prevent it)
Member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1314
Joined: August 2017

Re: Toon app: Buienradar

Postby globegrabber » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:43 pm

Hello Toonists,

Like to throw the next two questions in the group, is there a possibility to expand the Buienradar app, with the realtime map of the EU, This will give a better use of Toon in combination of the language, I like the use of the EU map for a longer term. and for the second question, of it is possible to edit the time of playback of the pictures, i myself find this rate at this a little to fast, so if there is a way to slow it down, maybee by implementing a setting in the app to give a time preset. i think there will be interest for these.
Maybee a few ideas for a later upgrade!
With kind regards,
Globegrabber
globegrabber
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 45
Joined: September 2017

Re: Toon app: Buienradar

Postby Toonz » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:06 am

Probably both are possible. Will have a look....
EDIT: will add the EU map to next version. Have not yet found the parameters to controls the image cycle speed.
member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1254
Joined: December 2016

PreviousNext

Return to Toon Apps

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest