Toon app: DomoticzBoard

Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

Xavier

Re: Toon app: DomoticzBoard

Post by Xavier »

good point. Indeed when selecting % the blinds go on, so actually the on/off button should open/close button.
In my last screenshot you can see a blind button to open blinds and a button to close blind (all in Domoticz).
So perhaps slide button in Domoticzboard app on Toon could be off=fully closed and on=fully open...?
Toon2 with 6.0.2 firmware TSC 2.1.7
Apps: Sonos, Calender, garbagecalender, webcam, doorcam, Onkyo, Domoticzboard, Solar and weather app.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

mmmz thinking about it...percentage manually.... maybe some kind of "selector button" with 25%, 50%, 75% where 0% is switch to off and 100% is switch to on(=fully open)....
Apps: Sonos, Calender, garbagecalender, webcam, doorcam, Onkyo, Domoticzboard, Solar and weather app.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Can you copy this one again in the domoticzboard folder, it allows you to enter the dimlevel step (which is not the same as the percentage).
The app will validate against the maximum dim level step
The screen will show the percentage in return ("Blinds Percentage"), at least it does it with my dummy "Blinds Percentage" switch.
That the on/off switch is not opening the blinds seems the correct behaviour(when I switch on/off the blinds directly in domoticz it behaves the same)
DomoticzboardScreen.zip
(3.06 KiB) Downloaded 398 times
and looking into opening the blinds again. Do you happen to know what command is needed to open them?
When the blinds are closed and you enter a specific dimlevel, do they open to that level? (if so, I need to bake that into the on/off switch somehow)
member of the Toon Software Collective
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Toonz wrote:Can you copy this one again in the domoticzboard folder, it allows you to enter the dimlevel step (which is not the same as the percentage).
The app will validate against the maximum dim level step
The screen will show the percentage in return ("Blinds Percentage"), at least it does it with my dummy "Blinds Percentage" switch.
That the on/off switch is not opening the blinds seems the correct behaviour(when I switch on/off the blinds directly in domoticz it behaves the same)
DomoticzboardScreen.zip
and looking into opening the blinds again. Do you happen to know what command is needed to open them?
When the blinds are closed and you enter a specific dimlevel, do they open to that level? (if so, I need to bake that into the on/off switch somehow)
Today finally found some time to check your enhancements.
So with this new DomoticzboardScreen I can manually enter/adjust the percentage of my blinds and dimmers, great work!
How it works:
For blinds entering the percentage and press save will lower/up the blinds to the entered value.
The switch goes to "on" (=green) even if percentage is on 50%.
Pressing on the switch for off state (blinds compleetly closed) doesn't lower the blinds from 50% to 100% (=fully closed).

For the dimmer entering the percentage and press save immediatly sets the light on 50% (which I manually entered) and goes on.
So for dimmer it seems that off = 0 percent (switch in off state (=gray) )
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

thanks for confirming. What I can do is reverse the switch function for a blind.
for a normal dimmer o% = off, any other percentage is on.
For the blinds it should be 100% is off (fully closed) and any other percentage is on.

I will add this as well and release the next version with al these changes.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

a new version 1.1.10 is available in the ToonStore.
Changelog:
- on/off switch is now working as expected for blinds (type 'Blinds Percentage')
the switch will now fully open or close the blinds (basically a reverse of the normal behaviour of the switch for a light dimmer)
- for dimmers (and blinds) the dimlevel can be entered via the keyboard as well instead of the + and - buttons.

Thanks to Xavier for testing.

Kind regards,

Toonz
Timeless

Post by Timeless »

Toonz wrote: By the way, you can also create a pull request on our github: https://github.com/ToonSoftwareCollective :-)
Toonz
I noticed you just released v1.1.10 a couple of minutes ago, seems we were working on DomoticzBoard at the same time since I created a pull request shortly after :).
As promised I added authentication support and bumped the version to v1.1.11.
"The greatest good you can do for another, is not to share your own riches, but to reveal to him, his own."
- Benjamin Disraeli -
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Good timing :-) Thanks for the added functionality upfront.

I will have a look later. First dinner.....
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

dinner can wait, most will not yet have updated to 1.1.10 so I made 1.1.11 available in the ToonStore.
Changelog:
- support for domoticz authentication added (username/password can be added in the settings screen)

Thanks to Timeless for this change.

Kind regards,

Toonz
Timeless

Post by Timeless »

Great thanks! Finally got time to learn some QT :P
And as we say in the Netherlands "eet smakelijk" :)
"The greatest good you can do for another, is not to share your own riches, but to reveal to him, his own."
- Benjamin Disraeli -
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Great work guys!

Tested new version. Blinds work great now!
I can use switch to control open or closed and I can use percentage with manual entry or with + or -.
Wife is verry happy :)
Maybe a tiny enhancement for a next release:
When pressing the + or - button it increase or decrease with 10% steps, the commands are immediatly executed.
This ensures that the blinds go 10% percent up or down, there seems to be some lack between tapping action, executing and status update.
Is it an idea to built some extra between tapping and executing?Example tapping 3 times on + makes 30% after 1 or 2 seconds the command is beiing sent to execute.

Since we enter manually the percentage this has no immediate need.

Thanks again for al the great work!
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Xavier wrote:Maybe a tiny enhancement for a next release:
When pressing the + or - button it increase or decrease with 10% steps, the commands are immediatly executed.
This ensures that the blinds go 10% percent up or down, there seems to be some lack between tapping action, executing and status update.
Is it an idea to built some extra between tapping and executing?Example tapping 3 times on + makes 30% after 1 or 2 seconds the command is beiing sent to execute.
Version 1.1.12 is available in the ToonStore.
Changelog:
- dimmer controls "-" and "+" can now be operated multiple times before sending the new values to Domoticz
this avoids the one second delay between each button click.
When no button is clicked for one second, the final command is send to domoticz.
Please do not operate the buttons for multiple dimmers in one go, as only the last dimmer will be updated

Kind regardz,

Toonz
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Nice work! Thanks!
PeJeWe

Post by PeJeWe »

Is there a way to show domoticz temp sensors in dim state?

@Toonz thanks for the dimmers they are working fine :D
Rooted Toon 1, Domoticz running on a RPI3b+, RFXCOM XL, RFLINK.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

PeJeWe wrote:Is there a way to show domoticz temp sensors in dim state?
In principle yes but I need to build this into the app...
Maybe in a future release

Return to “Toon Apps”