Toon app: ToonStore

Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Toon app: ToonStore

Post by TheHogNL »

RomMon wrote:On my Toon I get a message that an update is available (Nog meer Toon er is een softwware-update beschikbaar).
You still have the VPN running and probably have a working service with Eneco or just a mall-configured 'allowed-to-update' flag at Eneco's servers.
So this is just the normal Toon software showing you that you can update. If you use that, the firewall can be overwritten and you will need to regain access again.
To get rid of this close the VPN as stated in the rooting manual, or (if you indeed are a real Eneco customer and only want to add extra rooted toon features) ignore the official update button and update the toon with my script.
Member of the Toon Software Collective
RomMon
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by RomMon »

Toonz,
After a refresh I see now a list of apps.
I'm just surprised to have received this update due to the "N.B. by installing the ToonStore you will not receive official firmware updates anymore from Eneco for the moment." note on page 1.
Is it that receiving updates is still possible, but installing not??

TheHogNL,
VPN is indeed up (see an interface tab0 with ip assigned)
I don't have a service with Eneco, and also didn't receive an update for more than 2 years.
I will prevent openvpn to start, and hope to find a good way to get rid of the annoying bar of the upgrade notification.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Toonstore overwrite /etc/hosts file (to point feed.hae.int to localhost). This is necessary for Toonstore to install apps.
That is the reason why the installs says 'you can not install updates anymore'. Just a gimmick..

But if you start the VPN connection, the /etc/hosts file will be rewritten again to point correctly to the Eneco server. Even if you don't have a Eneco subscription sometimes a Toon can get updates anyway (I think eneco can push some firmwares to be mandatory).

Best for a rooted Toon without subscription is to close the VPN and only use my script for updates.

To remove the noticifion bar that a update is ready a reboot should be enough (if you already closed the vpn). You can also try to remove all files in /mnt/data/update (this removes any pending update files).
Member of the Toon Software Collective
BrainHunt
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by BrainHunt »

@Toonz: would it also be possible to put a 'Gui reboot' button in the toon store?
Sometimes I want to reset only the gui quickly and opening a port to the Toon takes too much time (including launching my computer :D )
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

BrainHunt wrote:@Toonz: would it also be possible to put a 'Gui reboot' button in the toon store?
Sometimes I want to reset only the gui quickly and opening a port to the Toon takes too much time (including launching my computer :D )
For your convenience, that's very easy to add..... (adding or removing an app does the same already today by the way).
In next release.....
member of the Toon Software Collective
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

I have the next version of ToonStore working now which is compatible with both Toon 1 and Toon 2.
I need to tidy up some of the installation scripts but expect to the have version 2.0.0 online somewhere next week.
It will automatically also become available for Toon 1 users but there is no reason to upgrade on a Toon 1 (can't harm either).

It will not contain the Gui restart button as we will include this in the future resource files under the TSC menu item.
P.S. On a Toon 2 the gui restart only takes 22 seconds or so... :-)

Kind regardz,

Toonz
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

ToonStore 2.0.0 is now available via the ToonStore. Absolutely no need to update for Toon1 users (but can't harm of course).
And a must-have for Toon 2 users :-) who will need to manually install it first time.

Changelog:
- Toon 2 compatible now
- some minor code cleanup

The ipk can be downloaded here: files.domoticaforum.eu/uploads/Toon/app ... r0_qb2.ipk

Kind regardz,

Toonz
TheRedBull
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by TheRedBull »

Can someone update the "Home Assistant controller" app within the toon store?

The current version doesnt support SSL, but the latest version does.

Pretty sure you are busy with finding more ways to get into the toon 2, but it would be highly appreciated :D
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

I remember you asked Marcelr but it probably slipped his mind and he is very busy with other Toon 2 related stuff.
I will look into this early next week.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

very small maintenance release 2.0.1 available.
Changelog:
- Toon 2: settings screen adjusted to the new screen resolution of Toon 2. Update hour/minutes now visible.
- Toon 1: cosmetic: + and - icons were slightly misaligned

Kind regardz,

Toonz
Heronimo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Heronimo »

Just installed ToonStore on my rooted Toon with firmware 4.19.10. The icon and menu item is not showing up. Is this a known issue? If so, what is the solution?
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Heronimo wrote:Just installed ToonStore on my rooted Toon with firmware 4.19.10. The icon and menu item is not showing up. Is this a known issue? If so, what is the solution?
Have you restarted the gui? If yes, did you get any errors during the installation of ToonStore?
Heronimo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Heronimo »

No error messages during install as far as I could see. It also showed a message in the inbox that the install was successful. I restarted my Toon a few times afterwards.
Rudolf

Post by Rudolf »

Is it to be expected that ToonStore on Toon2 shows zero apps?

Could something be missing from my hostsfiles? There's a backup, but the backup is the same as the actual file.

Code: Select all

# <persistent /etc/hosts content can be added to /etc/hosts.template file>
127.0.0.1               localhost.localdomain           localhost               qb-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
172.28.96.1             feed.hae.orig           feed
127.0.0.1  feed.hae.int  feed
# <persistent /etc/hosts content can be added to /etc/hosts.template file>
127.0.0.1               localhost.localdomain           localhost               qb-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
172.28.96.1             feed.hae.orig           feed
127.0.0.1  feed.hae.int  feed

Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

ToonStore can show empty when this forums webserver is having issues (which happens regularly unfortunately, like earlier this week).
Pressing the refresh button in ToonStore typically resolves this.
P.S. The host file should not contains these double entries, can be removed...

Return to “Toon Apps”