Re: Toon app: Home Assistant controller

Post by Luc_S »

Awesome, thank you. Have a great time!
Hussar_303
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Hussar_303 »

I'm waiting to see News about this project as well, I'm starting to find my way but the discussed ideas would make my life easier!
Phoolie
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Phoolie »

Toonz wrote:
Luc_S wrote:@Toonz, it would be awesome if you (or someone else of course) could update the ToonStore version with the one now on Github :) If there's anything I can do to help out for this let me know.
no problem, will be in late August after my holiday
Do you know, when the latest version on the ToonStore will be updated?
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Phoolie wrote:Do you know, when the latest version on the ToonStore will be updated?
Thanks for the reminder, totally forgot about this :shock:
....soon.....
member of the Toon Software Collective
Phoolie
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Phoolie »

Toonz wrote:
Phoolie wrote:Do you know, when the latest version on the ToonStore will be updated?
Thanks for the reminder, totally forgot about this :shock:
....soon.....
No problem. I'll juist wait :)
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

version 1.0.4 is available in ToonStore.
I just took the latest version from the GitHub from Luc_S.
for the changelog see some posts above

Kind regards,

Toonz
member of the Toon Software Collective
Phoolie
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Phoolie »

After the update, it looks like something isn’t okay, the switches on the settings screen are missing:
492A6B74-2964-4B59-994E-556E86FDB768.jpeg
492A6B74-2964-4B59-994E-556E86FDB768.jpeg (67.28 KiB) Viewed 8290 times
Somebody know how to fix it?
Luc_S
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Luc_S »

I haven't installed the app from the ToonStore yet, I will when I have the time. For now I would say try to check the drawables folder on your Toon and compare it with the files on GitHub:

github.com/Luc-S/Toon-HASS/tree/master/ ... /drawables

Should be the same files as you have on your Toon in folder

Code: Select all

/HCBv2/qml/apps/homeassistant/drawables/
You can try to press the empty space anyway, maybe it still works. Else you can manually change your userSettings.json to how you would set the buttons as a workaround:

{"Clock":1,"Legacy":0,"Pass":"","Port":"443","SSL":"yes","Server":"xx.duckdns.org"}
This sets Clock widget to On, Legacy login to NO and SSL to YES.
Luc_S
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Luc_S »

Hmm I just installed the app from the ToonStore and for some reason it looks in the wrong directory for the switch images. Pretty strange because it only occurs for the switch images:

file://qmf/qml/apps/homeassistant/HomeassistantConfigurationScreen.qml:505:17: QML Image: Cannot open: qrc:/tsc/knob.png
The knob.png (and background images used for the knob) are located on /HCBv2/qml/apps/homeassistant/drawables/ so yeah, it cannot open qrc:/tsc/knob.png

[Edit]
The locations of images are modified for correct installation through the ToonStore I guess. I noticed all image locations are changed to 'qrc:/tsc/...' However I can't quite figure out yet why the switches are having problems with this.

[Edit 2]
As a workaround you can copy the 2 files below from github.com/Luc-S/Toon-HASS/tree/master/ ... eassistant into your "/HCBv2/qml/apps/homeassistant/" folder on your Toon and overwrite the existing.
- HomeassistantScreen.qml
- HomeassistantConfigurationScreen.qml

[Edit 3]
Toonz explained me that images used in apps must be included in the resource file since version 4.16. These switch images are new and therefor not available yet. He'll try to arrange this with TheHogNL.
JurnD
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by JurnD »

Good evening!
Luc_S wrote: [Edit 2]
As a workaround you can copy the 2 files below from github.com/Luc-S/Toon-HASS/tree/master/ ... eassistant into your "/HCBv2/qml/apps/homeassistant/" folder on your Toon and overwrite the existing.
- HomeassistantScreen.qml
- HomeassistantConfigurationScreen.qml
I just tried this workaround, but it's not working for me. I'm not really sure how it's supposed to work though, aren't we overwriting files with the same files(The files don't appear modified for some while on github)?

Thanks for your work none the less!
Luc_S
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Luc_S »

When the app is packaged for installation through the ToonStore the DEVs change the absolute and relative paths to a different directory. This works fine unless you use new images and you don't let the DEVs know there are new images that need to be incorporated.

The files installed by the ToonStore have images paths like 'qrc:/tsc/image.png' and the files from GitHub still use the relative paths like './drawables/image.png'.

As a drastic workaround you can also uninstall the app from the ToonStore and copy the entire 'homeassistant' directory from GitHub into '/HCBv2/qml/apps/'. After a reboot the app should be available.

For me updating the 2 files worked. Do you have a 'drawables' folder with images on your Toon (in the homeassistant app folder)?
JurnD
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by JurnD »

Luc_S wrote:For me updating the 2 files worked. Do you have a 'drawables' folder with images on your Toon (in the homeassistant app folder)?
I do have that folder, with all the images as presented on github.
Luc_S wrote:As a drastic workaround you can also uninstall the app from the ToonStore and copy the entire 'homeassistant' directory from GitHub into '/HCBv2/qml/apps/'. After a reboot the app should be available.
I will try this now, and let you know the result.

Thanks for your explanation.

EDIT: It is working nicely when removing the app from toonstore and placing the entire homeassistant folder from github. Thanks!
Phoolie
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Phoolie »

Luc_S wrote: As a drastic workaround you can also uninstall the app from the ToonStore and copy the entire 'homeassistant' directory from GitHub into '/HCBv2/qml/apps/'. After a reboot the app should be available.
I tried your workaround and now it works fine.

Is there an easy way to add sensors & switches? With the touchscreen of the Toon needs a lot of patience
Luc_S
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Luc_S »

Entering all info on Toon's touchscreen can be timeconsuming indeed :D You can manually fill the sensors.json and switches.json however I can't give you an example right now. If you add 1 switch and 1 sensor I think you know the drill when you open the file on your Toon with command 'vi'.

vi /HCBv2/qml/apps/homeassistant/switches.json
If you've never used vi you probably want to check Google on how it works. There are some specific commands for editing and saving.

[Edit]
Did you guys reboot the Toon after you updated the 2 files? Just checking to find out why the first workaround didn't work for you.
Phoolie
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Phoolie »

Luc_S wrote:Entering all info on Toon's touchscreen can be timeconsuming indeed :D You can manually fill the sensors.json and switches.json however I can't give you an example right now. If you add 1 switch and 1 sensor I think you know the drill when you open the file on your Toon with command 'vi'.

vi /HCBv2/qml/apps/homeassistant/switches.json
If you've never used vi you probably want to check Google on how it works. There are some specific commands for editing and saving.
Isn't it possible to use WinSCP and edit the files with Notepad ++?
[Edit]
Did you guys reboot the Toon after you updated the 2 files? Just checking to find out why the first workaround didn't work for you.
I didn't tried the other workaround, because JurnD said, it wont worked.

If you want, I can try it this weekend.

Return to “Toon Apps”