Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

AMWN
Starting Member
Starting Member

Toon App: Home Assistant (basic)

Post by AMWN »

Hi Guys,

A month ago I created an App for Toon to control Home Assistant. I was waiting for a friend to test the application on his toon, before posting it here.
In the mean time there is also another App posted by Luc_S. See this thread: domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=87& ... mp;t=12078.

Anyway I still want to share my Toon app: Home Assistant. The app is inspired by Dashticz for Toon: https://github.com/Dashticz/dashticz_toon.
It is a much more basic variant of Luc's App.

Features
- Switch Lights, Groups and Switches
- Show Sensors
- Setup multiple groups in settings, and the buttons will be rendered (dynamic)
- No SSL support (yet)
- unlimited buttons

Download en Instructions
https://github.com/AMWN/homeassistant

Screenshots

TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Toon App: Home Assistant (basic)

Post by TheHogNL »

Nice job. But I think it is a bit confusion to have two seperate home assistant apps. Isn't it a better idea to just join forces and add your input to the one Luc_S is publishing on github?

Then again, it is all up to you to decide :-)
Member of the Toon Software Collective
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

TheHogNL wrote: Isn't it a better idea to just join forces and add your input to the one Luc_S is publishing on github?
Seems the sensible thing to do. Better have one excellent app for homeassistant than two good, but competing ones.
AMWN
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by AMWN »

marcelr wrote:
TheHogNL wrote: Isn't it a better idea to just join forces and add your input to the one Luc_S is publishing on github?
Seems the sensible thing to do. Better have one excellent app for homeassistant than two good, but competing ones.
I agree it would be better to join forces and create one great app for home assistant. But our approaches are totally different.
Luc_S created an App with a fixed amount of buttons, sensors, scenes and alarm. All elements in the UI are static. It really isn't generic.

My App is dynamic, unlimited buttons and groups. The buttons in the UI are rendered dynamically, even when changing your entities in groups in Home Assistant configuration file.
Look at the (minimal) footprint of this App. At this point I don't see how we could merge things to one app.

At this moment I do not have plans to extend the app with new features. For me it does exactly what it needs to do: my wife, kids and babysitter are able to switch the lights without a phone of tablet in range :).
Although, if someone wishes new features in this app, let me know! I'll look in to it!
Luc_S
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Luc_S »

Nicely done, I really like the dynamic approach. I agree with your point of view. My app is more like a remote for some key features and sensors. I noticed I was only really controlling a small amount of objects in my Home Assistant on a daily basis for which I didn't want an additional touchscreen on the wall next to the Toon.

As for an idea combining the 2 apps, maybe we can just keep the apps as-is but adding an option for which kind of experience you want to activate. Full mode / Overview mode.

I'd like to hear your thoughts and of course I would like to know if there are indeed people interested in this before spending a lot of time, this is not something I will be able to fix in a few days :P Also, as you already pointed out it will undermine your app being lightweight because mine is most certainly not :)

Cheers!
AMWN
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by AMWN »

Tnx for your kind response Luc_S! Let's keep things separated, for now. If we merge I think we should take one app as starting point.
Let's wait for more response from other member before spending lots of time ;)
Hypermobile

Post by Hypermobile »

I using Luc's app. it's very nice

They idea is great; Merge the best of both worlds.

And put it in Toonstore; and so the Resourcefile can be adjusted to let it works with 4.16.8 and higher.
Or does it work with 4.16.8, yet?
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Hypermobile wrote:I using Luc's app. it's very nice

And put it in Toonstore; and so the Resourcefile can be adjusted to let it works with 4.16.8 and higher.
The modified resource file will search for all (custom) apps in /qmf/qml/apps/ which comply to the following rule:
Dir name: /qmf/qml/apps/appname (with lowercase)
App start qml: /qmf/qml/apps/appname/AppnameApp.qml (first letter capital and "App.qml" in the end).

If it finds these apps it will load it as a custom app. Toonstore installed app or just manually installed.. doesn't matter.

All eneco original apps don't have these App.qml files anymore so it will only load the custom apps extra (the eneco apps will ofcourse load normally).
Member of the Toon Software Collective
timkoers

Post by timkoers »

I've been working on a dynamic HomeAssistant layout of the other HASS app. (which is not finished yet)
If you'd like I can work on combining the two to make a nice app! Just let me know :)
natasha78
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by natasha78 »

Hypermobile wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:31 pm I using Luc's app. it's very nice

I'm happy to learn that you like Luc's software. Making the finest of both worlds available on Toonstore is a truly brilliant concept
It would be even better if the Resourcefile could be adjusted to ensure compatibility with version 4.16.8 and higher. As for your question about whether it works with 4.16.8, I would recommend checking the app's documentation or contacting the developer for specific compatibility details.gb whatsapp
rimisen46
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by rimisen46 »

good informations , thanks for shareing usYouTube Vanced

Return to “Toon Apps”