Toon app: PostNL

Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, TerrorSource, Toonz

Toon app: PostNL

Postby Toonz » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:14 pm

Hi all,

happy to announce my latest addition to the ToonStore: the PostNL app version 1.0.1.
This app will show you the most recent 'pakketpost' shipments (receiving and sending) which are shown in your PostNL account.
It also show you the dates on which you will get 'brievenbuspost'.
In a future version you can also see the scanned image of the brievenbus post but currently that picture format is not supported by Toon (is on the to-do list).

The app has a tile which shows the latest package to be received with the expected time window for delivery.
Clicking on the tile will give you a screen with the recent packages and the list with brievenbus post dates.
Note: the systray icon will be included in a next version of the resourcefile in the near future.

After initial installation from the ToonStore, add the PostNL tile to your homescreen, click on the tile to get to the main screen and select 'Instellingen' to enter your PostNL account login credentials.
Press 'Opslaan' and of you go.

Data is refreshed every two hours or on request via the main screen with the refresh button.
Happy to take constructive feedback and suggestions for improvements.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1236
Joined: December 2016

Re: Toon App: PostNL

Postby hansgrave » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:06 pm

Great idea! I will install it this evening, thanx.
Homey, rooted Toon 1 and Domoticz.
hansgrave
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 37
Joined: December 2017

Re: Toon App: PostNL

Postby whizzz63 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:58 pm

Installed the app, now the TOON is unresponsive......

Can I uninstall via command line?
whizzz63
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 29
Joined: February 2019

Re: Toon App: PostNL

Postby Toonz » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:24 pm

yes, you can:

opkg remove postnl

Just curious: is the app working ok if you remove another app (toon 1 can only have a few custom apps before it runs out of memory)
member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1236
Joined: December 2016

Re: Toon App: PostNL

Postby hansgrave » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:55 am

It works nice, but at the first Toon hangs for a few minutes at the app install screen (id, password etc).
Homey, rooted Toon 1 and Domoticz.
hansgrave
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 37
Joined: December 2017

Re: Toon App: PostNL

Postby Toonz » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:23 am

hansgrave wrote:It works nice, but at the first Toon hangs for a few minutes at the app install screen (id, password etc).

Toon is collecting the dsta rightaway after you saved the logon/password, that takes a littke bit but a few minutes is quite long. I can change the logic to go back to the previous screen quickly and show a message 'data being collected' or something like that....
member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1236
Joined: December 2016

Re: Toon App: PostNL

Postby hansgrave » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:03 pm

Toonz wrote:
hansgrave wrote:It works nice, but at the first Toon hangs for a few minutes at the app install screen (id, password etc).

Toon is collecting the dsta rightaway after you saved the logon/password, that takes a littke bit but a few minutes is quite long. I can change the logic to go back to the previous screen quickly and show a message 'data being collected' or something like that....


No it hangs at the screen ID/password, i couldnt fill in my id. After a while i look again and the screen react normal.
Homey, rooted Toon 1 and Domoticz.
hansgrave
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 37
Joined: December 2017

Re: Toon App: PostNL

Postby Fransb » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:41 pm

I have a problem saving my password.

Kind regards,

Frans B
Fransb
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 6
Joined: September 2019

Re: Toon App: PostNL

Postby Toonz » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:07 pm

Fransb wrote:I have a problem saving my password.

Kind regards,

Frans B

The password you enter will not be shown on the screen but it will be saved.
You can check the saved settings in /qmf/qml/apps/postnl/userSettings.json
That file should reflect the logon credentials you have entered...…
Hope this clarifies...…

Kind regards,

Toonz
member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1236
Joined: December 2016

Re: Toon App: PostNL

Postby Toonz » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:09 pm

hansgrave wrote:No it hangs at the screen ID/password, i couldnt fill in my id. After a while i look again and the screen react normal.

Only the first time after restart (when Toon is doing a lot of other stuff in the background) or each time you open the settings screen?
member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1236
Joined: December 2016

Re: Toon App: PostNL

Postby Fransb » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:16 pm

Hi Toonz

I checked the saved settings in /qmf/qml/apps/postnl/userSettings.json
There was my password and user name (email)

But nothing is arrived I open the app on my telephone there are some mail.

I don't have a icon on my screen also.

Kind regards

Frans B
Fransb
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 6
Joined: September 2019

Re: Toon App: PostNL

Postby hansgrave » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:04 am

Toonz wrote:
hansgrave wrote:No it hangs at the screen ID/password, i couldnt fill in my id. After a while i look again and the screen react normal.

Only the first time after restart (when Toon is doing a lot of other stuff in the background) or each time you open the settings screen?


It was just the first time, probably due by the busy Toon...
Homey, rooted Toon 1 and Domoticz.
hansgrave
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 37
Joined: December 2017

Re: Toon App: PostNL

Postby mAiden » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:51 am

Fransb wrote:Hi Toonz

I checked the saved settings in /qmf/qml/apps/postnl/userSettings.json
There was my password and user name (email)

But nothing is arrived I open the app on my telephone there are some mail.

I don't have a icon on my screen also.

Kind regards

Frans B


Sysicon will not see you either, this will first have to be included in the resource package, before Toon can show a sysicon.
If you want to see PostNL app, you will have to add it to a tile on Toon, then you will enter the app and you can configure it (log in with your PostNL login details.)
mAiden
Member
Member
 
Posts: 263
Joined: July 2017

Re: Toon App: PostNL

Postby Fransb » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:34 pm

Hi Toonz

I loges in whit my postnl login the same as on te site the are also in the json file.
I had the tile and also the blank systray app.
But nothing arrived it is still empty i have a toon2.


Regards,

Frans B
Fransb
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 6
Joined: September 2019

Re: Toon App: PostNL

Postby Toonz » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:05 pm

Fransb wrote:Hi Toonz

I loges in whit my postnl login the same as on te site the are also in the json file.
I had the tile and also the blank systray app.
But nothing arrived it is still empty i have a toon2.


Regards,

Frans B

I guess it has to do with missing public ssl certificates.
Can you manually install this file: http://files.domoticaforum.eu/uploads/T ... r0_qb2.ipk

You can also install the afvalwijzer app from the ToonStore, that one will also automatically install the certificates package.
If this helps I will make a dependency for the PostNL app as well so it get installed automatically.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1236
Joined: December 2016

Next

Return to Toon Apps

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron