TSC Resource Icons

Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

Vibestar

TSC Resource Icons

Post by Vibestar »

He guys,

It's been a while since I contributed something to this great community. I didn't used my TOON very often anymore, just for the normal stuff.
Now with all the energy crisis stuff I gained my interest again. I rooted some TOON's for a friend and my brother.

In the past I tried modding the TOON, especially the GUI. Since FW 5.x I became more difficult to alter the images and configurations of the GUI. Last week I tried to learn about the resource files and how to tweak them. Without any major success. I managed to get all SVG and PNG out of the resource and drawable files, but not putting them back in. Somehow my altered resource file is rejected, got very good in the ToonRecovery :D :lol: .

The past few days I tried "updating" some of the icons and images which where in the TSC part of the resources. Don't get me wrong, I really like all the hard work which got into all these apps, but some of them lack a little bit of coherent design with TOON's other images of the GUI. I updated all of the images and not only for the Apps I use personally.
So hopefully I won't get lynched for this but I made a bunch of images which make the overall design more cohesive. Only thing is, how to get them into my TOON's resource file.

So this is a question and maybe a release. So who can help me.
If an App maker is offended by this I will redraw his images or icons! I don't mean to offend anyone.

Is this the right section to post this?

https://lalaleuk.nl/Toon_TSC_Images_Update.zip

TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: TSC Resource Icons

Post by TheHogNL »

The place to start is : https://github.com/ToonSoftwareCollective/tsc-images

You can create a PR and discuss the changes there
Member of the Toon Software Collective
Vibestar

Post by Vibestar »

Thanks for the reply The Hog.
I will try the PR on the Github, but I'm not sure how to put it there. Since this is the work of others being altered.
Do you think it's a good idea? Should I inform the creators of the apps?
Vibestar

Post by Vibestar »

I found a way to update the rcc with my own images, and it works great. I'm going for a different route now. I have my TOON the way I like it now.
I will ask each app creator if they want to use my images. If not that's fine. If they do, they can PR the images to put them in the tsc-images.

Return to “Toon Apps”