Upgrading Toon 1 FW 4.11.6

Forum about the Toon firmware, and its extensions

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

bernardus
Starting Member
Starting Member

Upgrading Toon 1 FW 4.11.6

Post by bernardus »

I recently acquired a cheap Toon 1 which I immediately rooted. After rooting however, no Toonstore is installed nor do I see the TSC menu anywhere on the device. After reading through some of the rooting and update scripts I think this is due to my Toon being on a relatively old firmware version. When attempting to update it using the update-rooted.sh script however, it fails when submitting the certificate request to Eneco.

The first few times I tried to update the firmware the script complained /usr/lib/ssl/openssl.cnf did not exist. I did find a file with the same name in /etc/ssl and symlinked it to /usr/lib/ssl but now the script gets stuck at the certificate request as mentioned above.

Is there any way I can still update my Toon?
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Upgrading Toon 1 FW 4.11.6

Post by TheHogNL »

I'll send you a PM so you can update using my server temporarily without VPN to 5.0.6. From there you should be able to update normally (and update the certificates)
Member of the Toon Software Collective
bernardus
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by bernardus »

Using the custom repo allowed me to update to 5.0.6 and after that I was able to update to the latest version through the official VPN. Many thanks!
steffie
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by steffie »

This sounds exactly as my problem! Glad to see there is still sort of a possibility to get it updated.
Would it be ok if i contact you to help me get my toon to FW5.0.6?

Many thanks!

Return to “Toon Firmware”