Hardware: Toon metering module, "meteradapter"

Forum about Toon hardware, both versions 1 and 2 of Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

wirdo02
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Hardware: Toon metering module, "meteradapter"

Post by wirdo02 »

Daniel wrote:- Replaced the cable (phonecable with 4 wires) between the meter and adapter.

to be sure check if the colored wiring is on the same place on both rj11 plugs, standard telephone cable has a twist p1 cable not.
You are correct! Thanks for your response.
The wires are different on both ends. I’ll cut off the connector and put on a new one.
Tebogo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Tebogo »

bwbboot wrote:Yeah would love to see this kind of functionality. Logging P1, Water and Solar directly into Domoticz. Would be awesome to pull the information into Toon, or even better, have a way to post the information into Toon. Since thats how I post the information into Domoticz as well.

More than happy to assist somehow!
I also would love this. Instead of the default gas and electricity sensors via the “metermodule”, which mine is broken :| , I love to send or read these sensors out of Domoticz. My Raspberry is connected to my P1-meter, which is verry stable.

But I cannot find anywhere a app on the Toon for that. Could it be solved like the Solar-Panel app from opie-loepie?

Or other solution?

Thank you!!
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

Tebogo wrote:
bwbboot wrote:Yeah would love to see this kind of functionality. Logging P1, Water and Solar directly into Domoticz. Would be awesome to pull the information into Toon, or even better, have a way to post the information into Toon. Since thats how I post the information into Domoticz as well.

More than happy to assist somehow!
I also would love this. Instead of the default gas and electricity sensors via the “metermodule”, which mine is broken :| , I love to send or read these sensors out of Domoticz. My Raspberry is connected to my P1-meter, which is verry stable.

But I cannot find anywhere a app on the Toon for that. Could it be solved like the Solar-Panel app from opie-loepie?

Or other solution?

Thank you!!
You can buy a replacement meteradapter on Marktplaats, or send me a PM if you cant find one.
Ridder
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Ridder »

I just got a rooted Toon2.
I used to use a Qurrent QBox...but that's obsolete now...
I already have some hardware that is useful for the Toon: P1 cable, kWh meter
The Qbox was connected to the kWh meter with a RJ45 connector, but the Toon meter adaptor uses a 3,5mm jack plug.
I have a analog Toon cable (without the sensor, with a 3,5mm jackplug on either side) and would like to know how to connect the cable to the S0 contacts of the kWh meter.
The cable has 2 wires: 1 red 1 white and a metal shielding layer....see pic.
Do I just have to take each wire to a S0 terminal or do I have to include the (earth?) shielding?

oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

Think best is to use the pictures as shown here. viewtopic.php?f=95&t=12751. So connect 2 and 3 together to 1 contact of the S0 and 1 to the other contact of S0

download/file.php?id=3515
Ridder
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Ridder »

Normally the tip is the left channel and that would normally be the white wire= One of the S0 terminals
Red (right channel) and the common ground/the metal shielding will go on the other terminal.

I’ll give that a try!
Sedat01
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Sedat01 »

I have a toon2 but my boiler module sadly suffered water damage. So my question is - i find a lot of toon1 sets for cheap are those compatible with toon2? I can supply 24V to power the toon2, no problems with that but can toon2 communicate with the boiler module for toon1. Mine is a belgian unit if that matters.
Otherwise i was thinking of using homeassistant to control the boiler. Is it possible to install some kind of web browser to access the homeassistant dashboard from the toon2?
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

No problem, you can use the module of the toon 1 without anay problem.
fhughes
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by fhughes »

I'm looking for a compatible weather station with my Toon2. Can anyone recommend one?

Return to “Toon Hardware”