Rooting a Toon in Spain: SOS!

Everything about rooting Toons 1 and 2.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

Pintxolari
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Rooting a Toon in Spain: SOS!

Post by Pintxolari »

Hola, estoy tratando de rootear Toon pero no consigo activar el equipo. Sigo los pasos para hacerlo desde el USB pero no lo consigo. La versión del software es 6.1.9 y el firmware 0.48.
Podría ayudarme alguien? Muchas gracias.
AnD!
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by AnD! »

Hi! The first time I tried it, it didn't work: I think because I didn't follow the steps correctly. I recommend that you follow the instructions step by step to create and use the USB: it's works!
Pintxolari
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Pintxolari »

Hello and thank you very much for helping. The truth is that I do all the steps and I manage to start the update but after a short time I get an update error and I can't get it to go from there and I have already tried it many times. My firmware version is 6.1.9 and I don't know if this is the problem. Thank you very much.
joselrojo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by joselrojo »

Hola a todos, me he descargado e instalado el Kali Linux que se recomienda ver. 2021.4, el problema lo tengo a la hora de instalar los drivers de la tarjeta de red, Kali en su versión normal lo reconoce sin problemas, pero con la verión Kali live no me permite descargar los archivos necesarios, como habéis podido conectar el Kali live con el termostato Toon??, por cierto soy uno de los afectados de dejar de dar mantenimiento Repsol, lo lógico es que ellos mismos hubiesen liberado los dispositivos, muchas gracias.

Saludos

EDIT by Moderator: translated text:

Hi everyone, I have downloaded and installed the Kali Linux that is recommended to see. 2021.4, I have the problem when installing the drivers of the network card, Kali in its normal version recognizes it without problems, but with the Kali live version it does not allow me to download the necessary files, as you have been able to connect the Kali live with the Toon thermostat??, by the way I am one of those affected to stop giving Repsol maintenance, The logical thing is that they themselves would have released the devices, thank you very much.
joselrojo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by joselrojo »

Hola de nuevo, por fin he conseguido rootear el termostato toon, lo único que las aplicaciones del tiempo son de la zona de nueva Zelanda, ajjajajajja, sabéis alguna forma de instalar alguna app de España?, por cierto, me salte el último paso "ahora que estás listo para rootear tu Toon:./root-toon.sh
lee y sigue las instrucciones", y directamente el metí "sudo bash root-toon.sh root", ahora sólo me falta hacer que funcione con la app del móvil y lo del tiempo. Saludos.

EDIT Moderator, added translation:
Hello again, I have finally managed to root the toon thermostat, the only thing that the weather applications are from the New Zealand area, hahaha, do you know any way to install an app from Spain? By the way, I skipped the last step " Now that you are ready to root your Toon:./root-toon.sh
read and follow the instructions", and I directly entered "sudo bash root-toon.sh root", now I just need to make it work with the mobile app and the weather. Regards.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

You can install the "Buienradar EU" from the ToonStore, that will allow you to select cities in Spain as well for the weather forecasts.
Most applications are not translated from Dutch to be honest.

For mobile usage: on your phone you can access the Toon directy, just visit https://<ip adress of your Toon>/mobile
If you want to control your Toon that way when you are not at home, then you need to setup port forwarding of your router to your Toon.
member of the Toon Software Collective
joselrojo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by joselrojo »

Toonz wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:22 pm You can install the "Buienradar EU" from the ToonStore, that will allow you to select cities in Spain as well for the weather forecasts.
Most applications are not translated from Dutch to be honest.

For mobile usage: on your phone you can access the Toon directy, just visit https://<ip adress of your Toon>/mobile
If you want to control your Toon that way when you are not at home, then you need to setup port forwarding of your router to your Toon.
Muchas gracias Toonz por responder tan rápidamente y por tus recomendaciones, en cuanto llegue a casa lo pruebo, estoy muy contento porque le he vuelto a dar vida a mi termostato, también funciona el controlador de la luz, es una maravilla, muchas gracias por todo, un saludo desde España.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Good to hear you succeeded :-).
In the future , if you need apps to be translated into Spanish, just let us know.
One request, please post further messages here in English, for easier reading.

Thankz,

Toonz
joselrojo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by joselrojo »

Toonz wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:17 am Good to hear you succeeded :-).
In the future , if you need apps to be translated into Spanish, just let us know.
One request, please post further messages here in English, for easier reading.

Thankz,

Toonz
Ok, I'm sorry for writing in Spanish, but my English is very bad, thanks for everything.
joselrojo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by joselrojo »

Hi, I have a problem. When i acces to ip toon/mobile it tells me i need a password and ID. If you could tell me what they are, that would be great.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

joselrojo wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:56 am Hi, I have a problem. When i acces to ip toon/mobile it tells me i need a password and ID. If you could tell me what they are, that would be great.
you can set these yourself via the Toon menu, "Settings", "TSC" tab and then press the button "Mobile Login"
Mramos1985
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Mramos1985 »

Hi, Im a new user from Spain with Toon installed, since October I can not use Toon via Wifi from my mobile Phone... I try to make a USB with Kali to try to root but does not work properly...

I can not make boot from USB...

Im using 32Gb USB formatted on FAT32, I can see all the files into the USB, try to restart from a USB devices but all the time restart in Windows...If tried in another laptop and show me a message like a security option are enabled and I can no make nothing... Any idea about it?

Could you help me to make a USB correctly or show me thw way to boot from USB correctly?
Thx in advance and BR.

Return to “Toon Rooting”