Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Youw8 Internet Body Monitor

Post by Esteban »

Na-apers ;-)
Henk

Post by Henk »

... so on the display of the scale no direct reading of your weight ..... you have to go to internet including all the commercials for diet food ....
... how does the scale recognise the right person .... special if the weight of family members is close including the fat index ...
... next step to send the information to yr health insurance company (or sell it) ..... very privacy sensitive this application ....
.. also does the system recognize your cat sitting on the scale ..... ? and you have to register the cat too.... in this case you will get diet cat food ads ?

Henk
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

you will see the basic info on the display..

They use the same method for person identification as in rfxcom
weight and fat range.

I also don't like the idea of sending all the info to a commercial webpage..
for sure Sonja Bakker will call you next day...
bara
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by bara »

A lot of people would be quite happy if they were called by Sonja;
The scale does show the measured weight locally on the display; the remaining info is stored on your personal page; this page is stricktly personal and allows you to create a weight-loss plan track your progress; Advantage of doing this on the web is to allow people interact with eachother, if they want to of course!

Bara
Henk

Post by Henk »

.. what will be the discount amount with the promocode ?
. same scale as being discussed somewhere else in this forum and integrated in the bwired house ?
.. any idea of hacking this scale so you can collect the data in your own PC instead of the web-site ?

Henk
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

I'm sure Bara can tel us more.
With the prom code Youw8 cost 100 euro
This is not much for a device with so much tech...there must be more
and about that call I have everyday SAS
Noel

Post by Noel »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">this page is stricktly personal<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
[joke mode on]
My a$$ personal :-)
[joke mode off]

You should know howmany wireless scales I'm receiving here, and NONE of them are from me!
bara
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by bara »

Guys,
What would you like to know? It's just a good product for a good price;
Regarding privacy, every and each company has to comply with privacy legislation; It goes wrong when companies give access to 3rd parties e.g. outsource helpdesk to call centers; these call centers in turn give access to others and so on.. and then personal information is on the street.. When you apply the right security measures, these kind of things simply can not happen. But as we all know things only change when accidents happen!
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

The solution is nice, specially the Ethernet adapter which receives the signal.
I hope the signal is strong enough, can't read on which frequency it is sending.
I see your data is also displayed on google maps, there has to be an option to prevent that.
I don't like the fact that you can only upload to the server of Youw8, its a small company, in times of crisis your data is not save!
I have seen a lot of company's with similar services vanishing form one day to the other. Also you data can be sold to other company's and you won't know a thing.
bara
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by bara »

The device operates at 868 MHz; reach is about 100m (including RF obstacles); regarding the google maps plotting, right now one can choose between:
- visible without data,
- visible with data (nickname, gender, and weight delta)
Soon there will be a third option "invisible"; we did receive this request from other people as well;
The device which is part of a bigger eco-systemon has been designed with a certain philosophy in mind; this philosophy is to provide people with tools to manage their weight on the web;
The personal data is personal; We may randomize data and tell something in general, like the average BMI of utrecht is 25.9; but we will never sell personal data that is traceable to an individual. This is simply prohibited by law!
bara
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by bara »

For those who want their data locally, we may add a "download my data" function to our website; this allows for downloading all your data (weight, BMI. Fat%, muscle mass, bodywater, date, time etc..) in csv format. Does this make sense?
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Snelvuur »

the only thing i want, which would make both party's happy (since i know the company wants your data too i think) is a feedback url.

So once a person is on the scale, and the data is send to there servers, it will make a call (that you specifiy in your personal page) to your server.

So say for instance a feedback url of "http://scale.bwired.nl" in this case there server would send a url string of "http://scale.bwired.nl/userid?bwired&we ... 0%&etc&etc"

Then we can use that data for our own graphs, stuff etc etc..

// Erik (binkey.nl)

Return to “Gadgets Forum”