Forum about Visonic products like Powermax Plus and Powermax Pro

Moderators: Rene, Willem4ever

marunga
Starting Member
Starting Member

Visonic Software

Post by marunga »

Hi,

No one has a serial interface for a powermax+ to send some photos?

thank you.

regards,
m
Ruud
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Visonic Software

Post by Ruud »

Hi Valcovo,
I have one,and the url you use in a reply is the interface and cable!!!
Simple one connetor.

Gr Ruud
marunga
Starting Member
Starting Member

Visonic Software

Post by marunga »

Hi Ruud,

I just need to know the pin connections: RJ45<->PCB connector. From the pictures, I see some transistors, but I think it will work just using the TX/RX signals (and probably a RS-232 level adapter). After that, I'm planning to connect with a PC using bluetooth.

regards,
m
marlinman5
Starting Member
Starting Member

Visonic Software

Post by marlinman5 »

Does anyone have the cable pin out for the interface cable that is used to connect the Visonic RJ 45 connector to a standard DB9 serial interface ?

I alreay have the PowerMax interface which came with the Web Server for remote viewing. I also have an adapter for the serial port on my PC that has an RJ11 interface. I just need the correct PIn outs for the cable so that I can make one.

If someone has one of these and could buzz out the pins and confirm the correct pin outs I would be grateful if they could post here.

Thanks
mo046

Visonic Software

Post by mo046 »

If I understand it correctly, the RS232 print converts the TTL level signals from the Powermax to RS232 level? If so, could an RS232 (or RS232-to-USB) cable from a CM11 X10 interface do the job?

** Maurice **
marlinman5
Starting Member
Starting Member

Visonic Software

Post by marlinman5 »

Thanks for the reply. I am probabaly ok on the DB9 end but am less certain on the RJ 45 powermax end on how I connect the 8 pins from the RJ45 cable (i.e. which is tx / rx ground etc RS 232) to the rJ 11 end (i.e. probabal same as CM11).

Just though if someone had one of these cables they could verify.
mo046

Visonic Software

Post by mo046 »

I've found this pin pin layout here: http://www.diysecurityforum.com/index.p ... n#msg45112

DB9 Wire Col RJ45 (10 Pin)
2 BLACK 7
3 YELLOW 4
5 GREEN 5

Note, the RJ45 is 10 pin, not 8.

Pin numbers on the RJ are counting left to right when looking at it with the tab lock UP.

I haven't tested it yet myself

** Maurice **
marlinman5
Starting Member
Starting Member

Visonic Software

Post by marlinman5 »

Thanks, I will make up a cable at the weekend and give it a try. I will let you know who it goes.

Yes, you are correct RJ 45 is 10 pin not 8. my mistake
marunga
Starting Member
Starting Member

Visonic Software

Post by marunga »

Hi,

answering my own question a few posts behind, the pins in the RS-232 terminals are:

<font face="Courier New">
1 2 3 4 5 6 Pin 1- +5V
. . . . . . Pins 4,10- GND
. . . . . . Pin 5- RX (connect to TX on PC side)
1 1 1 9 8 7 Pin 6- TX (connect to RX on PC side)
2 1 0
RS-232 (written in the PCB)
</font id="Courier New">

So, just connect a RS-232 level converter (like the MAX232) and there you have it, a cheap cable.

Of course, all this gave no result since my box in not a real Powermax+, it's the BT VP1000 :-), and the software asked for the installer password, not available in this system (tried the all the defaults from both systems).
Also, I've read the EEPROM. Maybe if I could write the Powermax+ firmware, I can change this in to a real Powermax+ . Does anybody have a dump from the PMAX+ EEPROM?

regards,
m
kellgren
Starting Member
Starting Member

Visonic Software

Post by kellgren »

I will get back
marlinman5
Starting Member
Starting Member

Visonic Software

Post by marlinman5 »

All,

Still no luck with getting this working on any of the suggested PIn outs thus far. I recently purchased some custom RJ45 to DB 9 connectots that allow you to wire any combination of pin outs from the RJ45 female to the DB9 female. these came in a pack of 5 and I have wasted two alreay (once you push the pins into the DB9 you cannot pull them out again).

I would like to give this one (or two) more tries based on the connectots I have left. I am not clear on the RJ 45 being 10 PIN. The ones I have are 8 PIN.

So can anyone who has one of these cables provide me the actual PIN out from RJ 45 (Pin 1 - 8 Female) to DB 9 ( PIN 1 - 9 Female) based on a configuration that has been tried and tested with the Power Max Plus RJ 45 connection.

Thanks,

Alan
Unit106
Starting Member
Starting Member

Visonic Software

Post by Unit106 »

Has somebody tried to use the software through a normal modem connection like described in the remote programmer user guide?

<font color="blue"><i>Stap 1: een Powermax Pro installatie ...</i></font id="blue">
marlinman5
Starting Member
Starting Member

Visonic Software

Post by marlinman5 »

Yes, but its a rea; pain having to dial in wait for x rings hang up and dial in again. Also not very conveinet if you only have one land line.
joe-black
Starting Member
Starting Member

Visonic Software

Post by joe-black »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by marlinman5</i>
<br />Yes, but its a rea; pain having to dial in wait for x rings hang up and dial in again. Also not very conveinet if you only have one land line.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

But has someone tried this, make a direct connection between a powermax pro en for example a analog modem in your notebook (most notebooks have one).
It must be possible to connect those two without a "real telephone" connection.
rapidrainer
Starting Member
Starting Member

Visonic Software

Post by rapidrainer »

Hi,

I've just tried the remote programmer software with a BT vp1000 (UK) using a laptop to remotely connect. It all appears to work fine (The software calls twice and the VP1000 picks up the call). But I cannot get past the login phase. I suspect that this has a lot to do with a "Download Code" that is required for the software to authenticate with the alarm. Does anyone know how the "Download Code" is determined for the VP1000? I know it is possible for remote connectivity since a company in the UK, Intamac, connected remotely and changed some settings for me. (Intamac do the monitoring on behalf of BT). Any thoughts?

Regards

Return to “Visonic Alarm systems”