AXA Remote Ventilation RV2900, Window opener

Forum to Introduce Home Automation Domotica related hardware here.....
Alexander
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Alexander »

so that was/will be a "no" ;-)
Henk

Post by Henk »

I'm interested if someone got the window opener and what kind of experiences ... is it easy to open the remote controle and putting (solder) wires on it so you can operate bij your Home Controller ??

Henk
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

The remote is operating on IR
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

I've bought it this afternoon. The remote is to open simple with one screw. It's not working with the X-10 IR controller PLC-R 3011E.
The control unit in the rv-2900 consists of a little print 10x100 mm. I can publish pictures if there is interest for.
Henk

Post by Henk »

My interest is just to see how easy it is to solder wires at the push contacts ...... so the remote control can be operated by a home controller. So pictures are welcome ... Also where did you bought the unit and what will be the price ?

Henk
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Rebel</i>
<br />I've bought it this afternoon. The remote is to open simple with one screw. It's not working with the X-10 IR controller PLC-R 3011E.
The control unit in the rv-2900 consists of a little print 10x100 mm. I can publish pictures if there is interest for.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Does not work on other (learning) remotes because the code within the IR signal code that is sand is changed within every push.
And yes you can solder some wires (3) on there, open close & stop.

Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Oeps, Pieter was first
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Sorry [:D]
Henk

Post by Henk »

Thanks for the pictures , looks like i have to make the modification on the wires of the motor - ( including a wired power supply ) - and forget hacking in bypassing the push-contacts of the remote control ....

Henk
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

That approach will not be easy!
Henk

Post by Henk »

No easy access to the motor contact points ?

Henk
Henk

Post by Henk »

Got my window opener:

Nice device and pricing is reasonable - easy to install

Indeed no easy access to the internals of the window controller - but it is possible to bypass the push switches on the remote control by some precisely soldering.

Will use two output actors one output to open the window and the other actor to close the window. (short on/off operation)
In case both close and open actors are on, then a circuit of relays will disable the open/close commands but the stop command will be generated. The timing between fully closed and open is about 37 seconds so enough time to open the window at a desired opening.

Using a ZAX actor with two 230V relays only open and close operation will be possible, but in case you apply an extra relay again you can do the same trick ... send first a open command - and sending a close command within 30 secs the motor will stop.

Likely will use an external powersupply and will install with the same wiring the IR led on the housing. In my case i have to do it because the motorized sunshading will prevent IR control by blocking the IR eye on the device when the curtain has been closed. Also the remote control will installed in a box and can be operated by some external buttons.

Henk
Henk

Post by Henk »

It is working .. soldering bypass wires on the remote AXA controller is not so hard.

Using a ZAX for open / close commands and a SAIX for the stop command ... all three outputs equipped with a 230V relay to get potential free contacts. It is indeed a lot of hardware to get this window opener integrated.

Henk
Jfn

Post by Jfn »

For a wireless solution maybe this wil work (have not tried it myself, it is just a thought):

Replace the IR-sensor in the window opener with this unit:
http://ideetron.securearea.eu/Webwinkel ... e-RX2.html

Replace the IR-led in the remote with this unit:
http://ideetron.securearea.eu/Webwinkel ... e-TX3.html

You may need some extra components and you still need the remote to open / close the window. This is where (for example) a 1-wire relay-board may come in handy.

Return to “Announcements & News Forum”