x10 not working

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
harmdelaat
Starting Member
Starting Member

x10 not working

Post by harmdelaat »

Hi all,

Recently I have bought a cm15pro (marmitek) module and a LM12 lamp module to experiment a bit with X10.

However, no matter what I try, I cannot switch a light on or off.
The CM15 is hooked up correctly to my laptop, the LM12 is connected in a normal power socket. I tried to use a different power-outlet, but no change whatsoever.

What could be causing the malfunction? How can I debug what is going on? Can anyone help me getting things working?
drmacchi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

x10 not working

Post by drmacchi »

Can you turn it on , via software (the one from marmitek)? what is lamp address?
harmdelaat
Starting Member
Starting Member

x10 not working

Post by harmdelaat »

Nope, the lamp is not responding at all.

The address of the Lamp is just A1.

I'm using the default software that came with the CM15 module.
drmacchi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

x10 not working

Post by drmacchi »

try not A1 , not A2 , A3 ---> if it doesn't work, i thinl LM12 defective. Cheers, lorenzo
Uriel

x10 not working

Post by Uriel »

Connect the CM15pro to your computer and download a trail version of Homeseer and plugin for the CM15pro. Then check the log file of homeseer to see if the "A1 on" command is being send. I don't know if this is possible with Active home. Else maybe the LM12 is problaby is not working correctly
drmacchi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

x10 not working

Post by drmacchi »

ActiveHome LOG : Is there a way for me to see a list of my homes past automation activities?
Yes! By pressing [CTRL]+[ALT]+[SHIFT]+[D] on your keyboard in the ActiveHome windows, you can get a list of the log that ActiveHome keeps of the X10 commands it has sent and received. You can use this list to check on your timed events, or to see what lights your family is using.
Pieterpaul

x10 not working

Post by Pieterpaul »

Did you make sure the lamp module and the CM15 are connected to the same phase?
Eric J
Starting Member
Starting Member

x10 not working

Post by Eric J »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Eric J</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by pieterpaul</i>
<br />Did you make sure the lamp module and the CM15 are connected to the same phase?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Yep, I have the same comment. I tried last weekend the same as Harm, busy for an hour, superfrustrated[:(!], after 30 minutes found out that I had not plugged in the cm15 in the wall..... [xx(]. ... and still it didn't work....

I have three fases in the house, and the lamp was on a different line than the cm15. Putting it on the same phase line, it worked.... So now I bought three phasecouplers/filters with elekhomica, and will install them (probably burn the house down....) this weekend.... will let you know....
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”