Axis 241q

Forum All about Webcams, IP Camera's & Camera's (hardware, software, pan tilt zoom etc).

Moderator: Esteban

Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Axis 241q

Post by Bwired »

Thanks I will check this. I tried Quality Assurance on my linksys but this does not work very good :-) I got a lot of strange behavior.
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Axis 241q

Post by Digit »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by snelvuur</i>
<br />A reverse proxy is an installation of apache.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I've got reverse proxy working! Vey nice indeed.[8D]
Again, thanx for the tip. No more fiddling with forwarding via iptables.[:)]
Easy to do, most time consuming was compiling Apache...

Robert.
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Axis 241q

Post by Snelvuur »

and if you need it, you can add an extra "htpasswd" file in that virtualhost to keep people out if its a device that does not support some simple authentication.

If the website behind it need specific urls, you might need to use rewrite rules, but as long as everything works (most things do) your fine.
For instance, i used it with homeseer, everything works as reverse proxy, but the setup button does not work, it strips the Content-Type\n\n for some reason. (but hey the other 99% worked)

And if you want another golden tip, if you use News servers to download sometimes, get sabnzbd.. you never want something else (i never used News servers, untill someone told me about this tool) and it works on windows too. My dad loves me more now.. :) but getting to much off topic now hehe..

Changed the cam though, its now under http://www.binkey.nl just a simple thing no big things yet :)
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Axis 241q

Post by Digit »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by snelvuur</i>
<br />and if you need it, you can add an extra "htpasswd" file in that virtualhost to keep people out if its a device that does not support some simple authentication.

If the website behind it need specific urls, you might need to use rewrite rules, but as long as everything works (most things do) your fine.

I compiled apache with mod_proxy_html just to be on the safe side in the future. And yes, authentication was another reason to install apache, my videoserver (Convision V200) can serve 2 cams but you can only configure 1 user/pass for the 2 cams...[V]... now i can have 1 public and 1 private cam. I've even read somewhere that OWA can be done.

Regards,
Robert.
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Axis 241q

Post by Snelvuur »

And my second webcam is up, just for testing though.. but its the evi d100, still waiting on the parts to make my own cable so i can use a webinterface to move it :)
for now its all at www.binkey.nl then webcams.. its on the school yard in front of my house which normally wakes me up around 9 by 100 screaming kids.
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Axis 241q

Post by Digit »

Finally saw the rats [:)] Nice images!

BTW,
Anyone trying to set up Apache 2.2 reverse proxy to an IIS backend server in the future should notice that there seems to be an unresolved issue with that combination: i got strange 502 errors today and the apache error log showed this:

Code: Select all

[Tue Jul 10 15:49:23 2007] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] proxy: error reading status line from remote server 192.168.10.6
After some searching i found out that the way to workaround this is to add the following lines to your httpd.conf:

SetEnv force-proxy-request-1.0 1
SetEnv proxy-nokeepalive 1

That seems to fix it for me.
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Axis 241q

Post by Willem4ever »

<br />A reverse proxy is an installation of apache.

Think of this, you have a satelite receiver (192.168.1.100) and a webcamserver (192.168.1.105) and you also have a windows box with iis (192.168.1.110) and ofcourse apache running on your linux box (192.168.1.200)

So basicly you have 4 machines you want to show on your website, but you only have 1 port 80 for the outside. With a reverse proxy, you can tunnel your traffic through a virtualhost setting in the httpd.conf:

<virtualhost 192.168.1.200>
serveralias webcams.binkey.nl
ProxyPass / http://192.168.1.105/
ProxyPassReverse / http://192.168.1.105/
Errorlog /var/log/webcam/http-error.log
</virtualhost>

You add a dns entry with webcams.binkey.nl towards your ip address of your dsl line. So whenever someone goes to your webcams.binkey.nl, its transparant forwarded internally to 192.168.1.105 (the user does not see this) but its still coming over port 80. Now you can have infinite device on 1 ip address using port 80. Ofcourse every device needs a new hostname.

I hope this explains a bit :)

p.s. i had it on my rats, but its now pointing to a childrens school, how convenient ;)

<Location /operator>
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from your-domain-only
</Location>

You can block the setup pages If you add the above in the VirtualHost section .
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Axis 241q

Post by Snelvuur »

Just to get back on track with this topic :) , anybody running vista? For some reason i cant get any streaming images anymore since the stupid IE wont allow me to install the axis plugin inside IE. Any solutions for this? Or different settings so it also works with a vista based pc?

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Axis 241q

Post by Bwired »

Try Java see what that does, example in the Axis server available.
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Axis 241q

Post by Snelvuur »

I turned of the UAC, you know that annoying pop-up from vista "are you really really sure?" and then it works fine. You need admin rights or something similar to install the applet for some odd reason, but i cant find any place on how to install it using admin rights (normally rights mouse button , install as admin) The java version worked too btw, but then it refreshes the page constantly in my case. Thats pretty "not nice"

// Erik (binkey.nl)

Return to “Webcams & Camera Stuff Forum”