Marmitek MS13 time-scheme

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
Rolex
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Rolex »

I have bought the Marmitek MS13 motion-sensor and now I am configuring it.
The manual says I can set up the sensor for day & night, but the manual does not specify the exact times for day or night.

It is not the light/dark moment, as I am able to turn the function 'light/dark' off, while the function 'day/night' is on.

It would be helpfull if anyone can help me with this.

(P.S. hope you can understand my English, I'm better with numbers [:)])
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Hi Rolex
The MS13 has two sensors, a motion sensor and a Dark/Light sensor.
Both the sensors have there own address If you program the house- and unit code to A1 this will be the address for the motionsensor.
The Dark/light sensor will automatically get address A2. As soon it gets dark A2 will send a ON command over the powerline.
So there is no Day/Night function on the sensor
Regards Pieter
Rolex
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Rolex »

Dear Pieter,

First, my compliments for you site and your Home Automation, it's really amazing.

Now, thanks for your answer, that makes it more clear for me. The manual is not really clear about this.

Another question: I have just started with my Home Automation by buying the Marmitek SC9000, together with MS90 motion sensors, DS90 door sensors, MS13 motions sensor and LM12 module.
Unfortunately it's an expensive hobby. Is/are there alternative brands/manufacturers that I can use to expand my Home Automation, with my SC9000 as controller?

Kind regards,
Fortuné
Dowser

Post by Dowser »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bwired</i>
<br />As soon it gets dark A2 will send a ON command over the powerline.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Hmm, is that something that has to be enabled?
I have several MS13's from Marmitek, but I don't see that behaviour.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

What I discovered is that the Dark/light function is frequently put off. Below is the way to enable this. Don't forget to set the delay time for motion detections, i have mine set on 8 minutes.
regards Pieter

SETTING THE SENSOR FOR DAY/NIGHT USE
- Press the <unit/off> button once.
- The LED will flash briefly.
- Press the <house/on> button and hold it down.
- The green LED behind the PIR lens will light up.
- 3 seconds later the LED will display the current mode (the factory setting is 1).
- 1 flash when the motion detector is on during the day, light/dark sensor off.
- 2 flashes when the motion detector is off during the day, light/dark sensor off.
- 3 flashes when the motion detector is on during the day, light/dark sensor on.
- 4 flashes when the motion detector is off during the day, light/dark sensor on.
- Release the <house/on> button.
- Now press the <house/on> button the number of times that corresponds to the mode that you want
to set. On the last press hold down the button (e.g. for mode 3 press the <house/on> button 3 times
and hold the button down on the third press).
- After 3 seconds the LED will display the new setting and the LED will switch off.

SETTING THE DELAY TIME
(the length of time that the lamp will remain illuminated after the last motion has been detected)
- Press the <house/on> button once.
- The LED will flash briefly.
- Press the <unit/off> button and hold it down.
- The green LED behind the PIR lens will light up.
- 3 seconds later the LED will display the current mode (the factory setting is 1):
- 1 flash for 1 minute.
- 2 flashes for 2 minutes.
- 3 flashes for 4 minutes.
- 4 flashes for 8 minutes.
- 5 flashes for 16 minutes.
- 6 flashes for 32 minutes.
- 7 flashes for 62 minutes.
- 8 flashes for 128 minutes.
- 9 flashes for 255 minutes.
- Release the <unit/off> button.
- Now press the <unit/off> button the number of times that corresponds to the mode that you want to
set. On the last press hold down the button (e.g. for a 4-minute delay press the <unit/off> button 3
times and hold the button down on the third press)
After 3 seconds the LED will display the new setting and the LED will switch off.
The MS13 saves the settings in non-volatile memory so that the settings are kept when the batteries are
changed.

NOTE: The MS13 cannot activate alarm functions on Marmitek Alarm systems. Use the MS90 for this.

Pieter Knuvers
www.bwired.nl Online House in the netherlands. Domotica, Home Automation.

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”