Lowered ceiling

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
Alexander
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Lowered ceiling

Post by Alexander »

Hello.

I've always wanted the home automation and now it is finally happening with my new house, but i have some questions:

- Can Xanura actors be placed in 4 cm boxes? (with existing wires)
- Do i need the CIX to communicate with the pc or are there cheaper possibilities?
- Any suggestions to place dimactors for spots with this in mind: lowered ceiling with 4x 3 spots placed around the room, which must be seperately dimmed without a "dimmer". My girlfriend doesn't want to have 4 "dimmers", but i want to change the lights seperately with the pc (3 lights are behind the projector screen, which must be dimmed)
Consultant
Starting Member
Starting Member

Lowered ceiling

Post by Consultant »

- It is possible to place Xanura modules in 4 cm boxes if you have no earth contact and also it depends of the manufacturer of the instal. material.
- There are cheaper methods but in most cases also less reliable. Because Xanura is X10 compatible you can find some computer interfaces but if you will have no problems and most flexibility for the future then buy a Home Control Box. It is the investment worth.
- You can alway place more then one dimactor DAIX10 or DAX10 on the same address. They will synchronized with each other. If you put them on different addresses (same lettercode) then you can set the dimm levcel for each address and switch them on or off with a GIX (All Lights On, All Lights Off or All Units Off. The lights are always gradually dimming up or down.

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”