Simple Dummy Explanation

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
s8utt
Starting Member
Starting Member

Simple Dummy Explanation

Post by s8utt »

Lo
It must be either because its late or that I'm getting old but my brain just wont get into gear.

How do you monitor if something is on or off, looking on the bwired site it mentions the Xanura devices quite a lot.

My thoughts is does the device wire behind the normal switch and just monitor current being drawn etc ? Thus knowing if a device is on or off. Then it sends a signal via X10 stating its status.

Can you then send a command to the xanura device to get it to turn the device on as well or it is simply a monitoring type device ?

Hopefully I've not sounded too dump :(
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Simple Dummy Explanation

Post by Willem4ever »

As far as I know :-) The device remembers it state, On, Off or a DIM value. When I for example dim my lights on in the bedroom, the device sends it state (extended code) as well as device on. When i dim the lights off, again it sends it state, as well as a device off. Additionally you can use extended code to query the device any time.
s8utt
Starting Member
Starting Member

Simple Dummy Explanation

Post by s8utt »

sounds like what I want.

Does this device work with normal switches / dimmer switches or do you have to buy ones that are compatible with this unit ?
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Simple Dummy Explanation

Post by Willem4ever »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by s8utt</i>
<br />sounds like what I want.

Does this device work with normal switches / dimmer switches or do you have to buy ones that are compatible with this unit ?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

It only works with the two-way devices ....

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”