X10 Temperature with TempLinc (Help)

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
ktruyens
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by ktruyens »

Hello,

new here, but already a problem, hope some of you can help me. I am building up my automated home and off course using X10. I am now looking into capturing temperature readings (basically probes or something like that). I came across smarthome templinc devices and bought a couple. These devices are x10 temp probes which respond to request commands (perfect!). However, the devices are 110V AC and I'm pretty sure useless here in Europe on our 220V powerlines.

Is there anything I can do to solve this? Is there perhaps another solution to do these readings? Maybe something with temp/humidity combined?

Please let me know.

Regards,
Kris
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by b_weijenberg »

Hi Kris,

The RFXSensor (www.rfxcom.com) is a wireless temp/humidity/baro sensor. The W800 or RFXCOM X10/Oregon receiver can receive the data. If you use Homeseer the ACRF or xAP plug-ins can process the data.

Another option is to use Oregon sensors and the RFXCOM X10/Oregon receiver. This data can be processed by the xAP plugin and soon also by the ACRF plugin. There are also some wired 1-wire solutions but that's not my focus.

Bert
ktruyens
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by ktruyens »

Thanks Bert, this helps a bit. I use custom written software. Does the rfx stuff come with a class or activeX for development? why do they call this X10RF? simply because the comms are on RF?
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Hi Kris,
I use for reading temperatures 1-wire devices, the RFXcom temp/humidity sensor and the The Oregon scientific temperature / humidity sensors. The last two devices are supported by the RFXcom receivers.
See also this topic http://www.domoticaforum.eu/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13 about temperature sensors etc.
There are also schematics on the internet to change the 110 volt to 220 volt, I'm not familiar with the devices you bought, do you a link?

Regards Pieter
ktruyens
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by ktruyens »

Templinc stuff online : http://www.smarthome.com/1625.html
I am going to try to change it to a 220V line.
ktruyens
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by ktruyens »

Thanks for feedback. I purchased the RFX equipment and have now mix of Oregon TGHR228N and RFX Probes running. I've rewritten the reader software as a service in windows which now logs the received reading automatically in a SQL server database. Result visible on my project page (section 'monitor').

Check my project on http://domotica.computercity.be

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”