New software by Multidomo Netwoks

Introduce home automation related software here.....
drodrig
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by drodrig »

Hello,

Multidomo is a new software gateway that allows you to control your X10 and KNX Devices, Music and Video cameras (IP & USB).
You can control your home and view your cameras through several cool terminals across internet.

- Web browser, using Microsoft Silverlight for Video
- Windows Mobile Smartphone
- Windows Mobile Pocket PC (using your fingers like a remote control)
- System Tray Application
- Windows Vista Media Center, using the Media Center Remote
- XBOX 360 (using Media Center Extender)

All you need to start with is a USB Webcam.

You can create your own areas, atmospheres, scheduled programs, event-triggered programs, etc.

It is free until 2008, then if you like it and want to be one of our customers, a small monthly payment will be required.

We are looking for testers who are very interested in Home Automation.

You can get more information at http://www.multidomo.com

Any suggestion will be welcome

Thank you

David Rguez
Multidomo Networks
MindBender
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by MindBender »

Looks nice, hate the concept of rental software though; I wouldn't know where to begin explaining why that's a bad idea, expecially because it's used for controlling my house and everything in it.
drodrig
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by drodrig »

MinBender thanks for your interest.

I know what you say... but

Multidomo is a software service, not just standalone software on a box. Multidomo offers you an infrastructure on Internet that allows you to connect your home from any computer or device including mobile devices, without opening your firewall/router and without complex configurations for connectivity.

To do this, we use our reliable relay that gives you this simplicity.

You will get automatic software updates, and new functionality at same price, and will support new Home Automation protocols and new cool terminals like iPhone and those that will be developed in the future.

We’ve seen lots of software/hardware solutions which cover only small parts of a whole home automation or require lots of technical abilities to configure/operate them over the internet, what we aim to is to offer an complete, easy to use/manage solution, not limited to what you buy in a certain time but a system that grows as time goes by.

For example, wouldn’t it be cool if some day you get a new functionality like automatic video recording for free? Our plan is to make the product better every day (and we are doing that right now with the beta version).

The subscription model allows you to get all the new functionality for free, not worrying about what version you’ve bought and provide you a support system with no due date.

There are several solutions for cool terminals like MCE, Windows Mobile, Internet, etc…but they are separated solutions for the same thing: control and/or view your home.

We offer you all in one solution, now and for the future.

Best regards

David Rguez
Multidomo Networks
http://www.multidomo.com
MindBender
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by MindBender »

<b>Simple solution</b>
Personally I don't think there are simple solutions to complex problems. The variety of controllable hardware is huge and each device has it's own protocol. For example: My house has 4 WebEye B101 video servers with each of them an American Dynamics SpeedDome Ultra VII attached. WebGate Inc. does provide an external software interface, but will you support this for seamless integration? If you do, there are hundreds of other interfaces to be implemented, and that's still just the webcams. If you don't, your system won't be complete... Just to name a couple of other examples: Do you have client software for Windows CE 4.x, to run on my eClient terminals? Do you have a client for the WiFi equipted PSP (Playstation Personal)?
So unfortunately there's really no other option to develop all software ourselves.

<b>Reliable relay</b>
Most of us run their own Windows 2003 of Linux Server. These servers are fully featured an very reliable: I'm a Linux fan, but I must admit that my Windows 2003 SBS is running flawlessly for 3 years now. My internet connection is not, but if it's down there's nothing you guys can do either.

<b>Dependency</b>
I don't want to be dependent on an external company when it comes to using my house. At this moment there's only one such a dependency: My electricity supplier, and that's one too many. External companies get bankrupt, increase their fees, change the license terms etc. I don't thinkg anyone wants to be cut off from his house because of any of those events.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Hi,
I'm not sure what to think about Multidome, I agree a whole lot with Mindbinder. Paying a fee is definitely not something for us geeks. Then I start thinking about normal consumers [:)] , would they like it? My conclusion I guess not! Simply because it's only software and you have to handle the hardware yourself. Multidome supports USB camera's which have mostly no good image quality and for viewing the camera you have to attach it to running PC! In the Netherlands we have a company who delivers a Home Control box with software and also a server subscription, so a complete package. I think you need a hardware partner for a complete package.

Update: probably also support Ip camera's

Pieter Knuvers
www.bwired.nl Online House in the netherlands. Domotica, Home Automation.
drodrig
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by drodrig »

Yes it supports IP cameras, not only USB. USB support is for people introducing to home automation.

Multidomo is for general consumer, not for geeks :-D General people don't know too much about home automation, and need a easy way to getting started, simple setup and cheap hardware like X10 and comercial IP cameras. But with Multidomo you can grow up and manage full automated houses with reliable KNX protocol (Lonworks in the furure).

We have users with more than 50 devices (KNX and X10) including lights, blinds, doors, motion sensors, 2 inside thermostates, weather stations, 8 irrigation zones, pool pump, 4 AC, 5 IP cameras, etc...

We will support only standard device protocols (X10, EIB/KNX, LON, INSTEON), and USB and IP cameras that support standard compression like MJPEG and MPEG4.

And yes, we support Windows CE 4.x.
but by now PSP it is not supported, we have others priorities like iPhone, due our distributed architecture it is very easy for us to develop new terminals like PSP browsing.

We are just looking for kind people who want to test our product during the Beta phase. ;-)

Thank you for your comments, we really apreciate your opinion.

David Rodriguez
Multidomo Networks
www.multidomo.com

Return to “Announcements & News”