Controlling 4 camera's

Forum All about Webcams, IP Camera's & Camera's (hardware, software, pan tilt zoom etc).

Moderator: Esteban

pantomime
Starting Member
Starting Member

Controlling 4 camera's

Post by pantomime »

Hello,
I am new here so forgive me any beginners questions.
I would like to control 4 Sony D70 camera's from any room in my house (4 different PC's). I want to make a selection of which camera to control and then use simple buttons to pan, tilt, zoom etc.

I have seen BWired's camera server. Would that be a possibility. Is that software freely availabel?

regards,
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Controlling 4 camera's

Post by Snelvuur »

I believe the sony's you can daisy chain those, and then hook them up to a pc. Only problem is ofcourse the daisy chain, if you have your camera's like 100 meter apart from eachother....

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Controlling 4 camera's

Post by Bwired »

Sony EVI-D70 has a visca in and out so you indeed daisy chain them.
Other wise you need 4x RS232 ports to control them.
You also need to serve the video signal, that could be done with the AXIS 241Q. With this device you also do the pan tilt and zoom (if daisy chain)
Check also the free program at www.bdlcam.com
pantomime
Starting Member
Starting Member

Controlling 4 camera's

Post by pantomime »

The problem I have is that I want to be able to control any of the 4 camera's from any of 4 PC's (or joystick controlers). So I want to be able to control camera 1 from room 2 and camera 3 from room 4 or any other combination. The video signal will be distributed analog, so no video server is needed.

My idea was to connect all the camera's (daisy chained) to one computer and access this computer via the other computers. This situation looked a lot like the camera server situation on the Bwired website (any computer can control the camera), I just need to be able to select the camera as an extra.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Controlling 4 camera's

Post by Bwired »

If you use the web enabled software like above this should be no problem!

Return to “Webcams & Camera Stuff Forum”