SSD 64 Gb voor 133 euro

Forum: Do you have somethings to sell regarding Home Automation you put it here.
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SSD 64 Gb voor 133 euro

Post by TANE »

MindBender
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

SSD 64 Gb voor 133 euro

Post by MindBender »

Transcend TS64GSSD25S-M <b>(MLC)</b>
Cheap, yet unreliable. Get an SLC instead if your data is valuable to you.
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SSD 64 Gb voor 133 euro

Post by TANE »

heb je ervaring met deze?
MindBender
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

SSD 64 Gb voor 133 euro

Post by MindBender »

Not with this disk, but I have a LOT of experience with NAND flash storage. I have implemented algorithms to deal with the down sides of NAND and I have developed tests to determine the reliability of SD-Cards (incorporating NAND flash).
MLC NAND flash has exponentially more complex problems to solve than SLC NAND flash. But MLC is much cheaper becuase it stores multiple bits (2..5) in one memory cell, yielding more storage capacity per square milimeter of silicon. For a photo camera that fills a card sequentially and erases it at once, this is not much of a problem. And one corrupt photo of the thousands you make probably isn't much of a problem. But in a computer it's a different story.

Only two controller manufacturers seem to be able to manufacture 100% reliable cards based on MLC technology.
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SSD 64 Gb voor 133 euro

Post by TANE »

one of them is Intel.
Intel is at the moment still not available and what will be the price?

I can't find any negative review about this drive..

This is the same drive.
http://computershopper.com/hard-drives- ... tate-drive

..more the 19 hours to go maybe i will give try..including shipment for 133 is not bad.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

SSD 64 Gb voor 133 euro

Post by Bwired »

You should not only look at reliability but also to speed, there are a lot of SSD drives who are not performing on read write and even traditional Sata drives can be faster. On google you can find a lot of reviews, the better and faster SSD driver are also costing some more!
MindBender
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

SSD 64 Gb voor 133 euro

Post by MindBender »

Intel has recently re-entered the market for NAND flash, after a period of absence. I don't have any experience with their flash devices, but the problems are usually in the controller (and its firmware). I don't know about Intel making their own controllers. It's probably a 3rd party.

Besides poor reliability, MLC technology is much slower than SLC technology. But performance is also depending on the number of flash devices used and how their are interleaved (for parallelism).

If you want reliability, get yourself a SanDisk Extreme CompactFlash card with and IDE convertor. For an experiment, 133 Euro isn't the end of the world I suppose.
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SSD 64 Gb voor 133 euro

Post by TANE »

Ik heb een besteld om te kijken wat de mogelijkheden zijn.

Return to “For Sale Forum (Dutch allowed)”