Videoserver matchable through media player

Forum All about Webcams, IP Camera's & Camera's (hardware, software, pan tilt zoom etc).

Moderator: Esteban

jackal

Post by jackal »

Hello Guy's, I have a question and hope you can give me some advice. I have four analog cameras around my house, I want to watch them on my website. I've tried several PC-cards from my local electronicaboer but these cards all use their own software you have to install on the client pc when trying to access the cameras.

So concrete Im searching for a way to connect four cameras to my pc and access them through IP. Any suggestions?
drmacchi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by drmacchi »

You need a software that creates an internal (your pc) web server, then set a dyndns account to reach your web server trough internet and to log you could use any pc with a browser or even cell-phone!
another solution: no pc to get video from cams, but a dvr with analogical input and internal web server, then same way above: dyndns .......
greetings. lorenzo
jackal

Post by jackal »

Previously i've used webcamXP, i can use this again. The only thing i need now is a video capture card whitch use a 'WDM driver' this is what they say on the webcamXP homepage.
Does anybody know which card does use a WDM driver?
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

I used to have a ASUS V7100 Deluxe Combo PCI card that used WDM drivers. But that's 7 years ago i guess. WDM = Windows Driver Model. And i had a Pinnacle PCTV card you could get WDM drivers for (and other BT8x8-based cards). But that's only 1 input. Maybe google on "wdm video 4 channel" or something like that. Or is this what you're looking for: http://www.eijlander.nl/article.php?gro ... &id=324636 Now all you need is some software :-)

Return to “Webcams & Camera Stuff Forum”