Newbie question on the HCB

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
Frans Akkermans
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Frans Akkermans »

Hello,

I am a newbie and I have tried today to setup a test with Xanura. It works but I have some questions:

1. I would like to use the Peha 254T (pulsdrukker) to have 3 scene and to switch all units off. Probably I am doing something wrong but brown and red as well as orange and yellow are working just opposite. Anybody an idea on this?
2. How should you configure a pulsdrukker under aansluitwijze: Is this the potentiaal vrij or should you take pulsdrukker 1 vlak? Or something else? Should all colors have a separate adres?
3. I want to use on several locations these pulsedrukkers. Is there an easy way to configure all of them in one go.

Probably i have some more questions later. I anybody wants to help me by phone....perfect!!
Henk

Post by Henk »

Frank,

I assume you are using behind the Peha 254T an IMX10 Xanura module - this module has one common wire connecting to the central contact of the pulse drukker and four individual wires connected to each pulse contact ... you have to program this IMX10 module ... either with a X10 adress or using group commands likes all units off / all lights on .... it all depends how you want to set up the light scene definitions. You may give more details what you want, so more specific information how to program the imx10 can be given.

Henk
Frans Akkermans
Starting Member
Starting Member

Hello Henk,

You are right. I am using the Peha 254T and a IMX10. I have connected the blue wire in the center and the 4 other ones on the corners. I have put on a wooden board 2 lights and 2 Daix12 and a 254T to adjust them. A second 254T I have used to work with the IMX10. It is working fine but what I find very strange is that brown and red as well as orange and yellow are working just opposite as expected. Probably I am programming teh unit wrong or I am missing the point on how the 254T is working.
Frans Akkermans
Starting Member
Starting Member

Hello,

I am now checking if everything is working well in my new house. At this moment I have trouble with the IMX10 and the response time. I have programmed the unit to have 4 scene's. The xanura units respond but after a long while/ It takes someties up to 30 seconds. Anybody an idea why this takes so long?
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

You probably have a noise problem on the powerline, all kind of devices like dishwashers, computers etc can interfere which result in bad reaction time. You need to find out which devices are causing the problems (PMIX) and place some FM10 filters. Lots of info you can find in the Xanura topics.
Frans Akkermans
Starting Member
Starting Member

Hi BWired,

I don't think so because my new house is completely empty! There is nothing installed yet. I think that I have done something wrong in programming the HCB. The If/Then procedures are maybe to long for quick response. It has been a month or so when I programmed the unit but basically I told the HCB that if for example B1 is pushed (impulsdrukker) Then A1, A2 etc have to got to 50%. If B2 is pushed then A1,A2 etc have to got to 75%. I think this is probably not the way to do it.

I must say I have not installed yet the fase coupler and filters but al the HCB and the lights and the IMX 10 are in the same phase.

I wil check today with the laptop if the lights respond to commands more quickly if I test them.

Bwired is there a way we can have a talk because I think my knowledge in programing the HCB is not enough.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

If your house is empty then there probably will be no noise :-)
Be aware that a laptop can generate a lot of problems on the grid (if its on)
But I cant imagine the macro is taking up 30 seconds so there is a other problem.
Henk is the HCB expert perhaps he can help you, I'm not using the HCB.
Frans Akkermans
Starting Member
Starting Member

I spoke to Mr. Keppler of aton this morning and he told me that it is quit normal that it takes this long. If you have designed a scene with for example 20 lights to be turned on to 75%. Then the system will turn them one by one to 75%. So my tst light is number 10 in the row and not al units are installd yet, so it will take that long.
He told me to first start with the command All lights on and then dim them back to the requirerd level.

I will also first install the complete system and remove all unit tha are not installed.
Frans Akkermans
Starting Member
Starting Member

I have installed totally 10 Saix units and some IMX10 units as well as 9 DAX4 units. The HCB is not bringing one signal to these units. Well after a few minuts some light are changing. Also when I connect my laptop to the HCB I cannot control all of these units but just a few.
Is there anybody out there who can help me. I would prefer a visit which I also will pay for. I think there are 2 options:
1. The HCB is damaged
2. I do not know all the tricks
Lempens

Post by Lempens »

There is a topic in dutch http://www.domoticaforum.eu/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3045

There was the problem, that one module didn't work correct. Maybe thats your problem too.
Henk

Post by Henk »

Frans,

It may help if you put your HCB on line either by the Home Automation Europe portal or directly by enabling the right IP ports on your firewal - so I may have a look. I assisted another forum member in the past with similar problems by remote log-in ... This problem was related with the powersupply meterkast .... it seems a lot of X10 traffic/noise was generated in the meterkast and causing severe problems with the HCB .... placing the HCB somewhere else in the house solved the problem .... we still have to investigate this noise ...... it may not apply for your situation. Alsoo use the logging X10 traffice data inside the HCB to give more information ....

Solving your problem a PMIX35 as a diagnostic tool will help ....

.. so have faith it will work in the long run .....

regards,

Henk

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”