Easy tool for drawing floor plans

Pop your questions regarding Home automation software here.....
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Looks great, marcel.
One question though: does the color of the various rooms (light blue and gray) have any specific meaning?
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

@mhwlng: Did you use HSTouch or just a browser and a customized web interface? If you use a web browser, how did you get rid of the borders and title bar (IE in kiosk mode)?

Rene.
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Snelvuur »

@rene: as far as i know, its netremote in combination with girder (so no homeseer)

// Erik (binkey.nl)
RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by RDNZL »

@mhwlng: Which shapes/templates are you using in Visio? My default ones look a bit outdated. (Using Visio 2003)
Yours look very nice and modern...

Edit: I think I found them under home plan.

Regards,
Ron.
Mhwlng

Post by Mhwlng »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">RDNZL : Which shapes/templates are you using in Visio? My default ones look a bit outdated. (Using Visio 2003)<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
I used visio 2007

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">rklootwijk : If you use a web browser, how did you get rid of the borders and title bar (IE in kiosk mode)?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
In netremote, I can embed a web browser window on a page.
I use that feature quite a lot. For example, in above picture, the two tickers above the floorplan are also 2 web pages...

The only thing that I need to do, is get rid of the vertical scrollbar, using "scroll='no'" :

<body scroll="no" style="border-width: 0px;margin-top:0px;">
<embed width="100%" height="100%" src="house.svg" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/svg/viewer/install/" wmode="transparent" />
</body>

and also, I need to make the webbrowser background colour the same as the Netremote page colour, to make it look seamless...

<style type="text/css">
body {
background-color:#a9bc98;
background-repeat:repeat;
background-image:url(img\backgroundtile.gif)
}
</style>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Digit : does the color of the various rooms (light blue and gray) have any specific meaning? <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Yes, light blue background means that the room is occupied.
This is NOT directly the motion detector state (symbol red=motion detected).
If I go into the living room and watch TV and don't move for a few minutes. Then the motion detectors will detect no motion, but the room still shows as occupied, because the system knows that I haven't left the room.
Note that this system doesn't work if there is more than one person in a house....

In above picture, my office and living room are occupied.
Because, I walked from my office to the living room via the hallway.
The lights in the hallway are already turned off.
The lights in the office will turn off in a minute.
The lights in the living room are off, because my light meter measured that it is very sunny outside...

I have set the timeout on each MS13 motion detector to a different value, to make it less likely that they transmit at the same time..

There is some special logic:
*if the last motion was in the hallway and there has been no motion for x minutes, then I must have left the house and everything is powered off...
*if the only motion is in the bedroom for the last 15 minutes, then I must have gone to bed and central heating, tv etc is switched off...

Marcel
RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by RDNZL »

That occupation detection is very spiffy!

How do you mark them blue?
With some kind of overlay, or do you load different svgs depending on status?
Mhwlng

Post by Mhwlng »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">How do you mark them blue?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
There is only one svg file displayed inside an html page.
Every 500ms, some javascript is called, to check the current status of various items...

In SVG,there is a transparent rectangle as background of the room :

<rect id="C10" x="1.495" y="236.961" class="stroom" width="184.667" height="115.333"/>

To change colour of this rectangle, do something like this in javascript :
svgDoc = event.getTarget().getOwnerDocument();
var svgElement = svgDoc.getElementById("C10");
svgElement.setAttribute("style","fill:lightblue;");

svg & html attached...
(note that this uses a special active-x control, to read netremote variables, but this can be replaced with some other method, e.g. AJAX .
Also note that the file extension is Lhtml. The 'L' tells girder&netremote that this file can contain server side lua scripting.
This attached example is really a regular html file without server side scripting )

Marcel

<b>Download Attachment:</b> [img]images/icon_paperclip.gif[/img] svg.zip<br />13.44KB

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”