PMIX35 defect ?? i

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
ldborn

PMIX35 defect ?? i

Post by ldborn »

Vandaag PMIX35 ontvangen, software geinstalleerd op mijn homeseer pc (XP machine) toen ingeplugd. Krijg melding usb apparaat wordt niet herkend. Vervolgens geinstalleerd op een kale XP machine dezelfde melding. Zou die defect kunnen zijn?
MindBender
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PMIX35 defect ?? i

Post by MindBender »

The PMIX35 is actually a serial device with an internal USB-to-serial converter. Unfortunately this converter isn't recognized by XP as a standard, so you need a driver for that. This driver is supposed to be present on the CD.
ldborn

PMIX35 defect ?? i

Post by ldborn »

Yes I am aware of that, that's why I first installed the software and then plugged in the usb cable. Because the device remain unkown I even unpacked the software and pointed the unknown device to the driver without succes.The status led however on the device is green so I do not understand it.
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

PMIX35 defect ?? i

Post by Snelvuur »

have you tried to get the software from the website, or you the "windows update" to search for drivers? Should normally work pretty straightforward. (just make sure you first install the driver, then add the pmix usb connection)

// Erik (binkey.nl)
ldborn

PMIX35 defect ?? i

Post by ldborn »

I downloaded the latest version from the website installed it even on another pc with nothing on it then XP. I waited for the software to install completely then turned on the device then plugged in the usb cable. Also this machine is giving the message : this device is not recognized, unknown device. In the device manager unknown device is present. Do you think the inbuild serial to usb converter could be defect?
RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

PMIX35 defect ?? i

Post by RDNZL »

If you have a little bit of linux knowledge, boot the Ubuntu live cd and see if you get correct output when you type dmesg in terminal window after plugging it in.

Something like this, although I don't know which kind of Chip the PMI uses:

Code: Select all

[   43.932232] ftdi_sio 5-2.1.2:1.0: FTDI USB Serial Device converter detected
[   43.932286] /build/buildd/linux-2.6.24/drivers/usb/serial/ftdi_sio.c: Detected FT232RL
[   43.932391] usb 5-2.1.2: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now attached to tty USB1
Regards,
Ron.

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”