Audio Video module/class

Forum about Domotiga Open Source Home Automation for Linux.

Moderator: RDNZL

Merdeka

Audio Video module/class

Post by Merdeka »

Ron,

I have a new LG television that I can control via rs-232. I wrote a small class file for it and it's working nice.

But I was thinking.
Why not handle AV devices just like any other device. They are Switchable and dim can control volume for instance.

And while i'm at it, make it a generic class. So we can use it for different brands, types and control (rs232, USB, LAN).

I think we need a query on our database. For example a serialport like: for each device where interface is av-serial and enabled. Then setup a new serialport as hAVserial

The database part is no problem. But can we setup serialport or httpclient dynamicly after that?

Timo
RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Audio Video module/class

Post by RDNZL »

Hi Timo,

Hmmm a serial controllable TV, very spiffy!

Almost everything is possible, but I'm quite busy at the moment getting things to work before Saturday for the Elektor's Domotica seminar.

Maybe later we should organize a DomotiGa hack-a-thon, so we all bring our laptops and develop cool things [:o)]

I say all, but I have no idea who does something with my project, except for a few people.

Regards, Ron.
j.hoekstra

Audio Video module/class

Post by j.hoekstra »

Well, I use it as well, but not that much of a programmer, more a 'tinkerer' ;)
I'm tinkering with events now to make the central homefan switch on and off depending on humidity, but seem to run in trouble a bit.
Would love to see support for Z-wave so I could use the Danfoss Thermostat, but I understand I'll need a sponsor for that ;)
RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Audio Video module/class

Post by RDNZL »

Keep in mind that events code isn't 100% reliable at this moment. Extra conditions don't work properly for example, it's on my todo list (almost at the top), as well as adding other features to the events module, it's very very basic right now.
My prio was making all the hardware talk ok, then work on the rest.
j.hoekstra

Audio Video module/class

Post by j.hoekstra »

I noticed ;)
It makes the tinkering more challenging and the demoing goes with fingers crossed ;)
Noticed that the =, <,>, <> doesn't always work as expected which makes comparisons based on measurements hard to do.
Simple actions like: 'if device 1 changes value 1 to on, switch on device 4,5,6' work ok and are usable.
Keep it up, and good luck on the 5th, hope it attracts more people with experience to develop :)
I'm always open for testing the stuff I got right here.
Merdeka

Audio Video module/class

Post by Merdeka »

More and more tv's have it standard. I bought an LG because the serial protocol is available. It's even fully documented in the manual :) Higher end LG's even have a LAN port

Samsung has serial too I think, but I haven't seen the protocol yet. Then again, haven't looked for it either.

Return to “DomotiGa Forum”