Innovus SmartDimmer (and other products)

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
Vullisbak

Post by Vullisbak »

The Innovus brand has been mentioned in some posts on this forum, but I couldn't find any info on user experience.

The Innovus SmartDimmer (http://www.innovus.dk/index.php?id=23) looks like a product I'm looking for: a dimmer AND reports power consumption. All in just one unit.

5 of these dimmers can be bought from a Danish webshop for DKK 1,249.00, which is only EUR 168 ($236)! Looks like a bargain to me, since a single z-wave dimmer (common brand) will set you back EUR 60 or so.

I just wonder if anyone uses these Innovus devices.
Are they 100% Z-wave compatible?
Can they be used with regular Z-wave controllers like Aeon, HomePro, ControlThink,etc ?
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Willem4ever »

They also have an Ethernet ZWAVE controller
EzHome

Post by EzHome »

The Z-Wave Ethernet controller isn't for sale anymore.

Since the investors pulled the plug out of it, the founders started a new company Qees Technology.
In a way the QEES master can be seen as a version 2 of the house controller with lots of added features, and some removed.

For the rest of the Innovus products you find at some shops are the remainings and will also be followed up by the new generation Qees products in a few weeks.

Let's make z-wave EZ
mhn

Post by mhn »

I have a lot of Innovus products. The Smartdimmer V1 was not 100% compatible (power meter was proprietary i those.). The ones you can buy now is V2 and they should be.

Yes they can be used with anything. It is the most compatible products I have tried. Specially the remotes are better than anything else I have tried.

There are a lot of user experience with Innovus on http://zwaves.dk/forum ,but in Danish.

You can buy the House Control from Tronika Norway. I have one and like it. But it will not be developed anymore. And there are things I miss. So I am looking for another master.

My hopes for QEES is high. :-)

P.s. My House Control was bought in 2007. I would not buy it from smarthus.info (tronika) he forgets to tell Innovus is gone.
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Willem4ever »

Thanks for the explanation ezHome ..
Vullisbak

Post by Vullisbak »

Thanks, I'll be awaiting the 'new' versions.

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”