Danfoss Zwave radiator valve Review [Dutch/English]

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
phoenixb
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Danfoss Zwave radiator valve Review [Dutch/English]

Post by phoenixb »

I have at this moment install 2 Danfoss valves with this Danfoss z-wave actuator

But i have a problem, when i set the setback to 0 or to 1 the actuator gives me a energy saving mode as response and go's back to the night function.

What have anybody this same problem and what can be the problem?
Noel

Re: Danfoss Zwave radiator valve Review [Dutch/English]

Post by Noel »

Sorry to bring this old topic up again, but I'm now ready to get my heating domoticated (home made word).
Like Enver I also have "stads verwarming".

Are the Danfoss Zwave radiator valve's still the way to go?
If so.. I'll be needing 9!

I would like to controll the valves by HomeSeer <> Zwave stick.
--
Maak nu je eigen video bericht online.
Anyone interested in time travel meet me here last Thursday!!
ıɟ ʇ,uɐɔ noʎ buıɥʇʎuɐ ʇɹɐʇs ɹǝʌǝu
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

Noel, This is still the only good working solution I have seven of them ruining. Controlling is done via Homeseer events Let me know if you need them

Posted with TouchBB on my iPhone
Noel

Post by Noel »

Thank you for the info.

I've just redone the count and I need 13!

Only problem now is that I have 3 types of valves.

I've had a look at http://www.ezhome.nl/images/danfoss/RAP ... nttype.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , and it looks I need the RA-K version
--
Mversluis

Post by Mversluis »

The danfoss velves worked good for me , we have used 8 pieces right now.
Most just buy some more.

best regards,
Marco
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

Noal,
All looks same I think you have the M30 version.
I will send a PM how you can check that.
Enver Tanriverdi | http://blog.tane.nl
Mversluis

Post by Mversluis »

Or may be M28.xx

Just waiting for "warmteservice"" for the connectings rings i have order for testing purpose.
So you can mount the M28 to M30 velves

Marco
r_255
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by r_255 »

I still wonder as i am on stadsverwarming to how you guys control the main valve of the system.
At this moment i am using the cm zone system wich includes a relay HC60NG that shuts or opens up the main valve (Honeywell MT4-024-NC servomotor ) if there is any request on the hr80 valves.

I do wonder how the others open and close the main valve of their stadsverwarming system in a zwave setup with the danfoss.

To me it sounds a bit expensive to have the main valve open if there is no request on one of the radiator valves..... as in my situation the hot water keeps on flowing and vanishes direct thru the return line back to the stadsverwarming.
I could be wrong about this but i tested it and the main return line to the stads verwarming was bloody hot ( the one after system ) wich made me think i was using hot water all the time.

Due to some expansion i would like to make to my system i am reconsidering or i should go zwave or stick the cm zone system. The cm zone works fine but would like to have more controll and connect the system to my domotica setup wich is almost impossible or bloody expensive.

thnx in advance
Noel

Post by Noel »

I was also thinking about this problem (main valve open), and the way I'm going to set it up is by using my IPPower & Homeseer to open / close the main valve when the temperature of the room in question is below a set value.
As soon as the room is on temperature again, IPPower will close the main valve.

So basicaly, IPPower/Homeseer is going to extend the central thermostat unit that is now located in the livingroom to all the rooms.
The Zwave radiator valve will take care of the rest.
--
Alexander
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Alexander »

r_255 wrote:To me it sounds a bit expensive to have the main valve open if there is no request on one of the radiator valves..... as in my situation the hot water keeps on flowing and vanishes direct thru the return line back to the stadsverwarming.
I could be wrong about this but i tested it and the main return line to the stads verwarming was bloody hot ( the one after system ) wich made me think i was using hot water all the time.
Mmm interesting part. @Enver: Do you experience this?
Alexander
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

I had a collegue who had Cityheating as well and had the main valvet open as well.
I that case he had to pay for it!
r_255
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by r_255 »

Thnx guys,

well i guess i am going to try something like that... and sell the cm zone system.
i dont own a ip power but i guess i could try it with an um7206 x10 relay wich is still in my cabinet.

To me its like investing an other 300 euro in a controller that hopefully gets opened up to the world for domotica purposes in the future ? wich i got my thaughts about (the honeywell cm zone system)
or order 4 zwave valves and control the main valve with a relay should give the same result and open things up for hstouch to control.

@Noel,

I was wondering why a central thermostat and not direct connect the ippower to the valve ?
I might get you wrong but what if central room thermostat reaches the setpoint it switches the main valve off.

I just want to open the valve if there is any requests on the danfoss valves not on the main thermostate side.

Thats not possible if the main thermostate does not communicates with the other valves/system and that makes me wonder what use does a main thermostate make in a zoned system ?
Noel

Post by Noel »

r_255 wrote:@Noel,

I was wondering why a central thermostat and not direct connect the ippower to the valve ?
I might get you wrong but what if central room thermostat reaches the setpoint it switches the main valve off.

I just want to open the valve if there is any requests on the danfoss valves not on the main thermostate side.

Thats not possible if the main thermostate does not communicates with the other valves/system and that makes me wonder what use does a main thermostate make in a zoned system ?
I only mentioned the central room thermostat for a simple explanation.
All the central thermostat does is open and close the main valve.
--
Mversluis

Post by Mversluis »

Just for the record.

A central heating system has 2 pipes
1) input
2) output pipes

between those pipes there are only a radiator.
When the decentral velves is closes the output pipes doesnot recieve any hot water any more.

So remove the central velve ( or disabel it ) and controll every radiator within a decentral velve.
When all the radiators are set to closed there is no water spinning arround ( because the velves ) and you don't have to pay for it.

I did the same trick and it does work really good for me , we are able to controll every room seperate ( for the heat wish )

Enver do you agree my explanation ..?

Marco
r_255
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by r_255 »

@Noel,

Okay i understand.... but what i ment is that the thermostate is in control as it only opens up the main valve until the temprature is reached and then shuts of the main valve no mather what the temprature is in one of the zones.
For a zone system a main thermostate does not work at all.

@Marco,

You could simply check this by closing all danfoss valves and see or the return line to the cityheating is hot ( the one thats after the box cityheating installs in your house )
But check it atleast as like bwired says this can be quite expensive. I guess these things can be different in each house.

[off topic]
I did find some thermostat wich looks like a valve for the return of your radiator wich opens up when the water temprature in the radiator gets below setpoint.
Then its like radiator gets warm water and fills closes minimizes the return gate until the water isnt warm enough and opens up till the water temrature is at setpoint again.

Has any one expierence on these devices ?
http://heating.consumers.danfoss.com/Co ... SIT57.html

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”