Standalone util linux

Forum about Domotiga Open Source Home Automation for Linux.

Moderator: RDNZL

Kroonen

Standalone util linux

Post by Kroonen »

Hi,

Is it possible to grab only the zwave component and run it as zwave daemon without the domotiga, so as standalone command line util as eibd (knx/eib) and plugwise?

regards Richard
RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Standalone util linux

Post by RDNZL »

Sure that's possible, a bit of work, and to be honest if it fitted my todo list, it didn't got a high ranking, as you may understand.

Edit: I just fiddled with it a few minutes, and I have a module which you can run standalone and connects with dongle, and outputs the modules it finds. etc etc..
You can get it if you have a good reason for it :D

So: Can you tell me why you want to do that?

At the moment this module is just started and not 100% ok, I will add functions and make it better in a few days.

There was also someone who made the LinuxMCE Zwave module work standalone without the dce etc.
But couldn't find anything recent on it.
Regards, Ron.
Kroonen

Post by Kroonen »

Ron,

I want to make is as util for my website. Does it also need gambas, or is it just C and can compile it?

I want to use it with a danfoss zwave radiator. And I hear zwave it is the future.

I also now made my radiatorthermostat elv stuff with fhem, the fhz protocol, is this also possible to integrate it in domotiga

regards Richard
RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by RDNZL »

If you cut some module code from a Gambas application like DomotiGa, it stays Gambas, there is no magic applied there :|

But you can run it with Gambas runtime module, and don't need the whole IDE part, since its a command line app.
You can even embed this code in a web page with the Gambas cgi module...

The part I substracted just displays device values etc to the console, because I took out the database part, you need to write a tcp/ip socket or command line interface to do something useful with it, like switching Z-Wave devices etc.
At this moment I don't put time in this part, I focus on my main project.

Also there is no support yet for battery powered devices (aka sleeping nodes) like the Danfoss, I have a AEON Labs D/W sensor, and one of my goals it to support this shortly. The point is that they sleep most of the time, so when you want to change temperature settings or ask for status you have to queue these messages so you can hand them over when the device is awake.
Regards, Ron.
RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by RDNZL »

FHZ support is possible of course, but I do not have the cash, nor searched/found a sponsor for buying the needed basic ELV hardware to build support for it.
You cannot expect me to buy every single piece of HA hardware AND find the time to code so it works. :wink:
It's my hobby (still) and I have a normal job.
Regards, Ron.

Return to “DomotiGa Forum”