approved posts

Questions, suggestions or remarks about this forum.

Moderator: TheHogNL

gvdham

approved posts

Post by gvdham »

On the old forum i could post items without approving. Why need my posts now be approved?
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: approved posts

Post by Rene »

With the new forum a new rule has been applied. All posts from users with 50 or less posts are moderated. As soon as you have posted more than 50 posts which are approved, you will become an registered user. The rationale is this way we can prevent spam and other abuses of the forum.
I just promoted you to a registrered user.
Rene.
gvdham

Post by gvdham »

Ah, now i understand. Thanx for the promotion, i'll drink some beer on it :) I was posting in sale and was afraid to miss the item.
Rutto
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Rutto »

I had the same thing yesterday, when trying to sign up (thought I was a member already, I am reading for a while now) and after I was approved that the post needed to be approved too.

All the time I was thinking: Damn I hope that I don't miss it! (And there was somebody before me so now waiting and hoping he won't buy it, but don't know if he was just before me or that it was hours before offcourse)

But I do understand the rule, had forums a long time ago too and there were always problems with spammers, so I hope I will reach the 50 posts eventually.
Post-IT

Post by Post-IT »

50 posts seems a lot, isn't 10 or 20 enough to bug off the usual spammers? I can imagine all those approvals would take a lot of effort from the moderators.

In my opinion I spend quite some time looking and replying on the forum with an average of 1+ posts a day. It would take over a month to get through the approval. If I were a spammer I would not even think to take that effort for a single spam message on a public forum. Even ten in one or two weeks would be too much effort... but maybe I'm just laizy :mrgreen:
gvdham

Post by gvdham »

@rene
I've drunk my beer but didn't got a promotion to a registered user. Something went wrong?
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

I thought I selected the right option, but clearly I did not. I will ask Pieter if he knows what option to use.
Rene.
747driver
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by 747driver »

Quite annoying for new users to have at least 50 approved postings...
I responded to a posting more then half a day ago and apparently it is still waiting for approval.
Would say a smaller amount of approved posts should be enough to see if someone is serious or just here to spam.
Aircraft should have 2 engines........on each wing!
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

For a while it's down to 10 posts now, Moderating the first postings really works.
j.hoekstra

Post by j.hoekstra »

IMHO it's a good thing as well, seeing new topics pop up every 30 secs is a pain.
Any stats on how many posts are deleted?
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Don't know the exact figurs, not that much though.
Users who register also get an email that the postings are moderated. Spammers don't like that :)
If I see a new user do some good posting I usually upgrade that user immediately

Return to “Suggestions, Questions & Feedback”