QNAP allows streaming of media to iPad/Pod/Phone

Forum about Domotica related gadget like Pocketpc, UMPC, Smartphones, Ipad Etc

Moderator: TANE

DJF3
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

QNAP allows streaming of media to iPad/Pod/Phone

Post by DJF3 »

Have you been in the market for a new NAS drive? Can't figure out which one would suit you best? We know it's a crowded market out there, but QNAP has just dropped a bomb on the whole place. If you're an iPad, iPod touch or iPhone user, QNAP has a new offer that may be too good to refuse. They have developed a new QNAP QMobile app that allows iPad, iPod touch and iPhones to remotely stream music, photos and videos from their QNAP NAS server, and we're not just talking about in-home, but anywhere with an Internet connection.

The app is launching alongside the QNAP v3.3 NAS management utility update, and it enables streaming from NAS-to-iProduct over 3G or Wi-Fi. This reduces or eliminates the need to have the files synchronized and stored physically on the device while providing a simple and convenient way for mobile consumers to access their home content from anywhere. There's even a My Jukebox feature that enables users to remotely browse and select playlists created on the NAS to suit their mood by song title, artist, album, even ID3 tags.This should be a welcome addition to those who aren't fond of iTunes.

This also helps if you've run out of space on your iPhone; so long as your NAS is online and you have a 3G connection, you can just stream your entire jukebox library from home. The app is available now in the App Store as a free download.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQAadkdd ... r_embedded[/youtube]

And I'm trying to find less reasons to buy a QNAP NAS ;-) This is not helping!

;-)
DJ
phoenixb
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: QNAP allows streaming of media to iPad/Pod/Phone

Post by phoenixb »

Also available for the Android Phone
Apps name = Qmedia
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

just installed the app
works fine..only a bit slow with large folders.

I have another application on that Ipad that also can access the shares on the the QNAP.

QNAP is nice..i have the 239 Pro like to replace it with one that consume a bit less power (28watt)

Standby will not work since i will do camera recording 24h
Enver Tanriverdi | http://blog.tane.nl
RdP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by RdP »

I have bought a 410 just 2 weeks ago (my former 209 pro is for sale) and I love the stability and functionality of the qnap. The app is nice and also works on the ipad since a couple of days ( in ipone mode).

@enver what other app are you using to play a movie?

/Rien
Rien
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

Iphone: NetPortal
Ipad: Filebrowser
Enver Tanriverdi | http://blog.tane.nl

Return to “Gadgets Forum”