Monitoring Mastervolt XS 2000 with Homeseer

Forum about Domotica, home automation and saving energy.
John

Post by John »

The Mastervolt XS2000 Solar inverter has a RS 485 connection to make monitoring possible. Mastervolt has free software to monitor the XS2000 but I want to integrate it within Homeseer.

Is there somebody who tried this before?

John
John

Re: Monitoring Mastervolt XS 2000 with Homeseer

Post by John »

The first step is executed. The Mastervolt XS2000 (Inverter) is connected to a PC using a RS-485 to RS-232 converter. Next I will connect the RS-2232 signal to the Serial Server. In this way I can connect the Inverter over IP to the Homeseer Server.

After that step I want to read the data from the SQL Server Compact Edition Database File (first has to remove the password protection). Is there software to read-out the database file (contains approx. 13 usefull columns) or does anybody know how i can read this Db file using homeseer.

John
drmacchi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by drmacchi »

Hi John , this is a tool that works great with SQL. it allows a password reset with a new one

http://www.passwordunlocker.com/sql-ser ... overy.html

Please, could you describe (pictures, text) how is your solar system built ? i'm planning some fv panels , but i would like a "NOT grid connected system". In Italy , there's too much burocracy and statal incentives are not so that good to spend 15.000-20.000 euros for a 3kw sytem.
Thanks!
John

Post by John »

My PV installation has the following components

1 x Mastervolt XS 2000 (inverter)
10 x Kyocera KD185GH-2PU (PV panel)
1 x PV Box DC (surge protection DC side)
1 x bruto production meter
1 x Hager surge protection AC side in meter cupboard
1 x Rs-485 to RS-232 converter

The lay-out is given in the attached picture:
PV installation schematic.pdf
Schematics PV installation
(66.89 KiB) Downloaded 839 times
The PV panels are connected to the inverter with a DC protection in between. The generated power is transported to the bruto production meter (required in the Netherlands for subsidy). The bruto production meter is connected to the meter cupboard from which the energy is transported trough the whole house. The excess will be supplied to the power company.

Via a RS-485 to RS-232 converter the inverter is connected to my Asus EEE box (with a serial server in between) running Homeseer.

John
drmacchi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by drmacchi »

Very clear ! thanks. I have another question : do you use x10 devices in you domotic house ? if that, do they work without problems in a PV setup ? I mean power line noises from PV panels or similar.
Ciao.
Lorenzo
John

Post by John »

I have no X10 devices. But I don't think the PV system will create a lot of noise on the power line.

And otherwise you can use a filter.

John
John

Post by John »

Another option is to use an ADA-4040-PC3 Sunmaster to Modbus converter.

--
John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Energycontrol & Home Automation Forum”